No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m ready for this season to start. After 4 years of my son using the same equipment, he picked up a new set tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
      I’m ready for this season to start. After 4 years of my son using the same equipment, he picked up a new set tonight.

Looks great. My son got 2 new bats and a new glove this year. Probably time for new catching gear as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post

Looks great we are breaking in a new catchers mitt right now.

Comment

Had our first practice last night and boys picked up right where they left off before Christmas...it was great.
          Glad to be back at it.

Comment

That catchers gear looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              Looks great we are breaking in a new catchers mitt right now.
              Any secrets you have for breaking in mitts? Other than just playing a lot of catch. We have a new mitt this year as well. I've always done one treatment of hot glove to start the process.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                Any secrets you have for breaking in mitts? Other than just playing a lot of catch. We have a new mitt this year as well. I've always done one treatment of hot glove to start the process.
                I (santa) got him a marucci honor the game and man it was stiff as a board! His coach does pitching lessons pretty much every day and we have let him use it for 3 weeks, he said it isn't perfect yet but it's loosened up a ton. My son will be there tomorrow to catch during some lessons to see how he can handle it.

When we first got it I put two balls in it, closed it, and put under the bed with the weight of the bed on it, we left it like that for over a week and it helped loosen it up and also started to form the pocket. I watched a few videos on YouTube and they said don't close and "flatten" it out, make sure you keep a ball or 2 in it to form the pocket.

When we get it back tomorrow I am going to put a little Nacona oil on it and try the bed thing again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  I (santa) got him a marucci honor the game and man it was stiff as a board! His coach does pitching lessons pretty much every day and we have let him use it for 3 weeks, he said it isn't perfect yet but it's loosened up a ton. My son will be there tomorrow to catch during some lessons to see how he can handle it.

When we first got it I put two balls in it, closed it, and put under the bed with the weight of the bed on it, we left it like that for over a week and it helped loosen it up and also started to form the pocket. I watched a few videos on YouTube and they said don't close and "flatten" it out, make sure you keep a ball or 2 in it to form the pocket.

When we get it back tomorrow I am going to put a little Nacona oil on it and try the bed thing again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                  Yea, I've been wanting to bring him to an auto batting cage and just let him catch about $20 worth of balls..

I've had a ball in his and wrapped with a belt for a couple of weeks now. It will get there eventually just trying to speed the process. We had our first tournament this past weekend and luckily he didn't need it. Although he has his Marucci mitt that is already broken in. Just a little too big.

Comment

looks like we're making a run at gulf shores this season...
                    I have never been.. .and want to get a house/condo on the beach or across the street from the beach... but dont want to be a hundred miles from the parks they play at either..(orange/gulfshores)

any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                      Yea, I've been wanting to bring him to an auto batting cage and just let him catch about $20 worth of balls..

I've had a ball in his and wrapped with a belt for a couple of weeks now. It will get there eventually just trying to speed the process. We had our first tournament this past weekend and luckily he didn't need it. Although he has his Marucci mitt that is already broken in. Just a little too big.
                      you have to work the crap out of it too.. unwrap , oil it, and beat the hell out of it with a bat/club.
                      Dicks has a steamer and will do it for you.

Comment

I took an old bat and cut it off about a foot long and used a lag bolt to screw an old baseball to the end of the bat handle. It works well and makes the break-in a lot faster.

Comment

I put the boys brand new Mizuno prospect in the drier..(*got the idea from a few different sources, all youth/collegeball organization related).
                          it actually worked very well... still did the workout with the club, and oil and wrapping with softball in the pocket... he's using it now and seems to be ok...

Comment

Im afraid to mess with the glove I won - Dont want to screw it up.

Picked up a couple of players. Had cage work and the kiddo looks great.

Have any of yall had experience with kiddos moving from AAA to Majors?

Did yall wait on the team to move up? Or did you try out for a Majors level team?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              I put the boys brand new Mizuno prospect in the drier..(*got the idea from a few different sources, all youth/collegeball organization related).
                              it actually worked very well... still did the workout with the club, and oil and wrapping with softball in the pocket... he's using it now and seems to be ok...
                              I've been using the Hot Glove treatment ever since my boy started playing and have never had any issues. This requires to put the glove in the oven. I know a lot of people wont do it but it really helps the break in process.

Comment

I know a couple of kids that "work out" with the upper teams (AAA, Premier, etc)...while maintaining their spots on their lower team... doesnt hurt to get the boys name in those circles..

Comment

Working...
                                X