Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Spoiler alert thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    I didn't think she would die because her parts where done before she passed, RIP Princess. I did not care for her Superman imitation in space. She is a force feeler not a force user. That was way beyond her powers or lack there of. The next trilogy is supposed to be totally different about other happenings in the galaxy away from the Skywalker clan. I wanted to B slap Luke during the majority of the movie. He was whinier than Annakin in prequels. They reduced the most powerful Jedi who changed the entire galaxy to a Social Justice Warrior pathetic poor me cupcake.
    Agreed with all of this

Comment

Put me in the crowd who has never seen nor do I ever care to see it. Just adding to my post count

Question- if people who watch Star Trek are called treckys, what to they call people who watch Star Wars?

Virgins lol

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        I didn't think she would die because her parts where done before she passed, RIP Princess. I did not care for her Superman imitation in space. She is a force feeler not a force user. That was way beyond her powers or lack there of. The next trilogy is supposed to be totally different about other happenings in the galaxy away from the Skywalker clan. I wanted to B slap Luke during the majority of the movie. He was whinier than Annakin in prequels. They reduced the most powerful Jedi who changed the entire galaxy to a Social Justice Warrior pathetic poor me cupcake.
        And never really gave a good explanation for it other than trying to say good and evil balance each other..., but the argument is moot, especially when the evil side is training and the good is not...makes no sense at all! I heard great reviews, but the movie was lacking from the get go, and became as much of a movie promoting social welfare and didn't like the humanization of animals...sad to see a great history dissolving into class warfare.

Comment

I thought they tried to make this one too dramatic. They could have easily trimmed a lot of that boring mess down and kept it going with more action. And I agree that Snoke went out like a chump. How does the darkest, most powerful leader of the dark side go down like that? I was not thrilled with this installment

Comment

Just saw it this evening and I have mixed feelings. I don't think it lived up to the hype, and I grew very tired of all the social justice messages. Some parts just seem forced (no pun intended), and too convenient. Better than I-III, but not as good as VII.

Comment

Haven’t read this thread yet. Sitting in theater now waiting for movie to start. My 9 year old is just beside herself. I always liked Star Wars but was never way into it. That all changed when my daughter saw Force Awakens. Been a lot of fun for the both of us building up to this movie. 10 minutes till it starts....

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                Haven’t read this thread yet. Sitting in theater now waiting for movie to start. My 9 year old is just beside herself. I always liked Star Wars but was never way into it. That all changed when my daughter saw Force Awakens. Been a lot of fun for the both of us building up to this movie. 10 minutes till it starts....
                I was just talking about that as we walked out of the theater. I first saw IV at a drive-in when it was released. Here I am now taking my 12 and 9-year-olds to see the same line of movies. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                  Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                  I was just talking about that as we walked out of the theater. I first saw IV at a drive-in when it was released. Here I am now taking my 12 and 9-year-olds to see the same line of movies. Crazy.
                  My 14 yo son, granted he had a long day of school with a choir concert before we watched the movie, fell asleep after the opening scene and woke up at the end. He likes Star Wars just as much as I do. I remember mowing yards during the summer just to get some extra cash to go watch Star Wars again, again, again and again.

Comment

First half was somewhat slow second half was great! Looking forward to the final episode of this trilogy.

Comment

Did I miss something, or was Rey trained as a Jedi in less than 18 hours? (ie the fuel reserve of the Resistance cruiser). Surprised that Luke would refer to her as a Jedi after that little training.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                        Did I miss something, or was Rey trained as a Jedi in less than 18 hours? (ie the fuel reserve of the Resistance cruiser). Surprised that Luke would refer to her as a Jedi after that little training.
                        Nope, that's all it took....I guess.

Comment

Did he actually refer to her as a jedi, I took it as him saying that he will not be the last jedi. That tied in with the very last scene too.

Comment

There was a lot that I didn’t expect. Really enjoyed it but will need to see it a couple more times to be sure....

Comment

Maybe Rey will train in the next movie idk.

Then again Yoda and Luke burned the instruction books on how to become a Jedi. Maybe she just got the cliff notes version

Comment

Still waitin for kylo ren to stop look like an emo kid

Comment

Working...
                                X