Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going over my kids review for a test.. found out night before she had test.. teacher emailed this review. This review had 4 problems with missing info or the answer was not one of the 4 choices. 5 grade math and the teacher name was in one of problems that were wrong.. so they took the time to change the names but could prof read the problems?.. emailed her and nothing back.. wow. Comon core....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Who said anything about "raising people's" kids??

Schools are institutions of learning.. They do not teach anymore.. Our school systems have been politicized... Try common core math and get back with me..
      Ask any senior how many quarts are in a gallon, how many inches are in a foot, how many pints in a quart, how many 8th's of an inch are in a inch.. The list goes on... And these are just the basics.. I learned these in the 4th grade.. It's greak to many seniors these days..

Angleton High school has done away with all vocations. No welding. No wood shop. No auto mechanics.. How in the hail can a school system possibly justify this??????? They can't.. Their answer was "we can't find instructors" bullshat!!!!!!

It's ridiculous.
      The public school systems Are broken.. They are a politically driven sad site these days..
      Plano Senior High shut down almost all of the trade classes back in the late 70's. They had machine shop, welding, auto paint & body, auto mechanics, home building, printing, a/c, beautician for the girls, etc. It was not due to lack of instructors. It was because that one particular year, there were 0 students that signed up for any of them. It was just about the time computers were getting popular.
      Originally posted by miket View Post
      As a CNC Programmer/ machinist I personally see the benefits, but also have seen a sharp decline in the knowledge of operators. If something doesnt go just right, call the programmer.......
      It's scary ain't it?

Comment

Can we quit bit*hing about society and get back to funny stories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          I have one that ties into the mentally of today's generation.
          I have a half brother that is 21 years younger than me. He lives in Wyoming with my folks. He was posting on FB a while back about how walmart doesn't pay enough. I told him to pursue an education and learn a skill set that would earn him the income he wanted. I got deleted from his friends list! Lol
          So, I was in Wyoming hunting bear in September and I learned that the Hwy dept was hiring with a starting pay of 21.00 an hour. I asked him why he didn't go get that job. He said "they want you to be there by 7:00 am".
          I almost slapped the crap outta him!
          I have a 21 year old nephew back in PA who constantly posts on Facebook he needs to make more money. He works at a beer distributor stocking shelves and carrying beer out to cars. Everytime I tell him to either get an education or go to trade school, he gets mad at me. He hasn't removed from his friends list yet but he doesn't like to hear it. He just wants to magically make more money without earning it. I am not bashing young folks, because my brother who is 51, is the same way. He works at a restaurant as a prep cook and constantly complains he doesn't make enough money. They call me a rich snob (I am FAR from rich) and say I don't understand. I started the same place my brother did, of course I understand. I just did something about it.

My point is most of these young people we complain about learned that attitude somewhere, we just don't like to hear it .

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            Yep, I'm one of them. Critter you're not alone. I cannot add, subtract, multiply or divide. Oh I can do simple,
            small numbers in Two's, five's and ten's but that's about it. Numbers just don't work in my head. They get all jumbled up and confusing. Even though there's no real diagnosis for it, I call it numerical dyslexia.
            My poor dad spent hours with me going through flash cards and hiring tutors and yet I still failed every math class. It's frustrating when everyone wants to play dominoes and all I can do is watch. My son is a genius, go figure.

Btw, I'm 61 years old.
            There is a diagnosis now for that. It's called dyscalculia.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              There is a diagnosis now for that. It's called dyscalculia.
              Well I'll be, thanks. And all this time people just thought I was stupid.

Comment

Being a dumb *** isn't a recent phenomenal. There's been plenty of them since the dawn of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
                  Tell me about it i go to school with these idiots were 17 you would think they would know how to do 5 year old math at this point
                  My daughter is going to be a genius in this age of idiots.

5th grade, started pre algebra last year, an ace in American History, knows more about the English language than her older brothers(all in their 20s). Hand writing skills are excellent. Very athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                    Being a dumb *** isn't a recent phenomenal. There's been plenty of them since the dawn of time.
                    Yep, we are the people our parents warned us about.

Comment

Euro’s

Have to laugh. Otherwise it gets depressing.

Big pig

Comment

Working...
                      X