Browning Strike Force Issue???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve ran 5 of these cams all year...BTC-5HD...no issues that I can recall, but it seems that when the battery level indicator says 40-50% they all stop taking night pics. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

All of the cams are up to date on firmware...and I really can’t recall how long the batteries were in the cams, but I’d say a few months.

I did a little testing the past two days and have confirmed that with fresh batts, they go back to taking night pics. It just seems really odd that the cams say 50% battery life and do not function properly.

Skinny
    Last edited by Skinny; 11-19-2017, 10:24 PM.

The batteries last a long time. 9+ months. But when they start dying they go quick. If they sale 80% or less just change them.

Comment

Yes, have a camera sitting here on my desk I was looking to see if an update was needed. Same freaking thing. When I was looking through pics, I always start backwards first. Noticed right away no night pictures. Then as I got into them, more or less around that battery percentage, the night pics showed up again. Keep me posted and I'll do the same.

Comment

I had a different problem, I called them and they sent a new camera no questions asked.

Comment

Same problem I am experiencing with my NEW Bushnells... At 50-60% they stop working. They just sit there. Battery level stops dropping. Weird.
          My old Bushnells work until the batts are dead..

Comment

I have the same problem with my BTC-5HD when using AA batteries except mine quits taking night pictures at 65%. All firmware is up to date. I ended up hooking my camera to an external 12v battery and haven't had any issues since.

Comment

Customer service had me to do a full reformat on sd cards ,, changing the cards between different devices and card readers some times corrupts the cards , it worked for me this has to be done on a computer Wade

Comment

Thanks for the input, fellas! I’ve been recommending these cams to everyone. First issue I’ve seen...or heard of. I thought they were flawless. Guess not.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                X