Pop up campers in the texas heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop up campers in the texas heat

Looking into getting a camper for the new lease next year. My buddy has an older Coleman pop up camper that we have used a bunch in west Texas, but in the heat the AC unit just cant keep it cool. We normally go spend 30mins sitting in my truck to cool off. On the other hand, I have another buddy who says he's pop up keeps up like a champ.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

The ones I’ve stayed in would keep the inside cold. Might be a problem with his AC unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you camp where there is high humidity, it will freeze up after a few hours.

That is has been my experience. Go with an enclosed camper with no tents to stay cool.

Todd

Comment

Large window unit, easy to rig up to make work

Comment

Had one for years in Florida. A/C struggled to keep up until I rigged up some space blanket type material to cover the tent ends. Worked like a champ after that. I had them setup with grommets to bungy them on and take off easily.

Comment

Spent a lot of time in mine in the heat and it will keep it just a tad bit more comfortable than outside but not cool during the day. At night it has always been really nice. I never did it but I thought about buying 1/2" foam board to cut and fit against most of the canvas to see how much better it would do

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Spent a lot of time in mine in the heat and it will keep it just a tad bit more comfortable than outside but not cool during the day. At night it has always been really nice. I never did it but I thought about buying 1/2" foam board to cut and fit against most of the canvas to see how much better it would do
              This ! Buy some cello tech board using a exacto knife to cut to size

Comment

Originally posted by twillgo View Post

Go with an enclosed camper with no tents to stay cool.

Todd
                This is most likely the way we are going to go.

Comment

The hot Texas days and A/C wern’t as rough as the cold days once winter set in. Froze me Arse off. Will never have a pop up again. Hard sided camper is the only answer. Even then some days with north winds and sleet can tax even a regular camper. Find a good used unit.

Comment

My pop up struggles when it gets close to 100 in the sun. As soon as the sun goes down it will freeze you out. Does good in the winter with my electric heater. Shade is your friend in the summer. I love mine because it stores in the garage when not in use and it is paid for. Bought it used for $2500. Guy used it 3 times.

Comment

Working...
                    X