Wade Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade Fishing

Never really fished saltwater before but looking to maybe get into it. Was wondering if anyone could refer a guide or someone who doesn't mind a tag along in the Galveston area. As well as a good rood/reel set up. That was one of my goals for this year to catch a speck and a redfish on artificial lures. Thank yall!
    Last edited by Medina19; 04-10-2019, 09:43 PM.

Might ask these questions on the salt water thread..

Comment

If you are in the area there are plenty of places to drive up and fish. Tx City Dike but don't go on the Dike. You wade the shoreline down to the plant area. When the surf is calm it is good.

Comment

I have fished the dike before never waded. May give that a shot thanks for the info.

Comment

It’s crazy how times have changed, I remember growing up during the summer we were dumped off many days at the dike in the morning usually around mosquito island up to dollar point before daylight with a quart of live shrimp and maybe a spoon or a mirrolure and waded all day in blue jeans and tennis shoes, then got pitcked up later after dad got off work that evening, it was awesome except for that one time I caught a hardhead barb through the hand around 8am and had to sit around all day on the bank cause I couldn’t fish anymore cause my hand swelled up like a balloon, yeah that day sucked

Comment

That being said i love wade fishing more than anything, I’ve owned plenty boats over the years and they usually served no other purpose than getting me to some spot to wade from, boat fishing ain’t really my thing but sometimes the fish are deep so you gotta do whatcha gotta do

Comment

Originally posted by FlounderPounder View Post
              It’s crazy how times have changed, I remember growing up during the summer we were dumped off many days at the dike in the morning usually around mosquito island up to dollar point before daylight with a quart of live shrimp and maybe a spoon or a mirrolure and waded all day in blue jeans and tennis shoes, then got pitcked up later after dad got off work that evening, it was awesome except for that one time I caught a hardhead barb through the hand around 8am and had to sit around all day on the bank cause I couldn’t fish anymore cause my hand swelled up like a balloon, yeah that day sucked
              Wade fishing to me seems way more up close and personal

Comment

My advice to you is to get the necessary gear along with some tips on what they are hitting. After that, go out there and wet some lines.

Comment

I used to wade fish the levy at TCD but the last time I fail on the rocks getting out so I stopped wading there. I have caught many specs there on gold spoons and reds on silver spoons just off mosquito island fishing the gut between the levy and island. Another good spot is the surf side of the east jetty but be sure and keep a long stringer as I have had shark take my fish more than once there.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                    Never really fished saltwater before but looking to maybe get into it. Was wondering if anyone could refer a guide or someone who doesn't mind a tag along in the Galveston area. As well as a good rood/reel set up. That was one of my goals for this year to catch a speck and a redfish on artificial lures. Thank yall!
                    You're gonna have to take that inner tube off your midsection so you can wade in deeper water.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      You're gonna have to take that inner tube off your midsection so you can wade in deeper water.
                      [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X