Feeder Sinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Sinking

Extreme river bottom mud and pigs. I am trying to keep my feeders from sinking and falling. Concrete blocks or Tpost? I searched and most I seen said tpost but just curious if anyone uses tpost in extremely soft ground will they lean/sink as well?

Feet on your legs?

Comment

I always put a concrete block under legs to keep them from sinking and then secure with t-post. 8" x 8" x 2" block from Home Depot. Or similar.

Comment

Feeder Sinking

Something to this extent depending on post size/type/shape. My feeder legs had round feet on them and I haven’t had a single issue

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 01-30-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I drive a T post at the same angle as the leg as far as I can get into the ground, then I use two U clamps to clamp leach leg to the T post, holds it in place pretty good.

Comment

Put da legs inside coffee cans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              Put da legs inside coffee cans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
              Yep, we just use cans from camp.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                Something to this extent depending on post size/type/shape. My feeder legs had round feet on them and I haven’t had a single issue

Yup. Looks like some of this river bottom water I have dealt with all year. Thanks fellows. I rather use the blocks from home depot as they are easier and don't have to buy tpost.

Anyone stuck cattle panels under there feeders? Does this really help keep them from digging holes?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Feet on your legs?
                  Yea you know so the feeder can walk to where the animals are and spin corn

Comment

Not the greatest picture, but you can get the idea. Running the post parallel to the legs is wise. One day i need to change mine.

I'm about to get some wire and stone to put under the corn feeder to try to keep the hole the dang varmints are digging from growing. Will see how that works. (Also about to begin using some Dukes.)

I don't know that any of that will work in conditions like the pic above.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mikemorvan; 01-30-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Take the legs off and put a crank up on a tree then your problem is gone

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                        Extreme river bottom mud and pigs. I am trying to keep my feeders from sinking and falling. Concrete blocks or Tpost? I searched and most I seen said tpost but just curious if anyone uses tpost in extremely soft ground will they lean/sink as well?
                        My vote is for both.............or take Mr. Smart's advice and add feet/plates on to the bottom of your legs then drive T-Post to wire to your legs.

Rwc

Comment

If you have hogs, they will figure out how to dump the feeder. You must use t-post (drive at same angle off leg) or be prepared for a disappointing find, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                            Take the legs off and put a crank up on a tree then your problem is gone
                            This would be a great idea as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X