College recruiting rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College recruiting rules?

Have a few questions I thought would be easy to find answers to. If anyone knows the legal rules I have some questions. Please PM me your phone number and time to call

Thanks
    Glen

What sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t think it matters really the sport. I know a lot has changed since I was a kid and what you can for from a school.

Just seeing what can still be talked about

Private tutoring?
      Funding after 4 years?

Those types of questions. Can’t find anything printed and would rather not get into an uncomfortable situation if it can be avoided.
      Last edited by glen; 01-23-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I don’t think it matters really the sport. I know a lot has changed since I was a kid and what you can for from a school.

Just seeing what can still be talked about

Private tutoring?
        Funding after 4 years?

Those types of questions. Can’t find anything printed and would rather not get into an uncomfortable situation if it can be avoided.
        College athletes have 5 years to play 4, so funding after the fourth year is common. Guys that leave for the draft in revenue sports (football and for some schools basketball) before they graduate still get their school paid for at some schools.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          College athletes have 5 years to play 4, so funding after the fourth year is common. Guys that leave for the draft in revenue sports (football and for some schools basketball) before they graduate still get their school paid for at some schools.
          Also, MLB clubs will typically pay for school if you sign early.

Comment

Depends on what school. New car and cash for a job that you don't need to go to is common

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Depends on what school. New car and cash for a job that you don't need to go to is common
              yuuuup, ….. some schools will even secure a job on campus for your girlfriend and also provide housing for your parents, siblings, aunts/uncles, and family pet

Comment

I’m just trying to figure out what all has changed- When I went to school my parents discussed private tutoring, funding after spots, etc. I know a lot has changed so I’m trying to get into contact with someone that deals with this so I don’t have an uncomfortable topic.

Comment

I'm reading a book about the 80s SMU Mustangs called "A payroll to meet". I can send it to you so you'll know what not to do. lol

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                    I'm reading a book about the 80s SMU Mustangs called "A payroll to meet". I can send it to you so you'll know what not to do. lol
                    We have a member here that could tell ya if that books on target or not

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      yuuuup, ….. some schools will even secure a job on campus for your girlfriend and also provide housing for your parents, siblings, aunts/uncles, and family pet
                      Do they provide a hunting lease too?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        Same now as the 80s.

Comment

There are some new rules in effect about when you can visit and when they can talk to you.

I am sure you already know that D1 baseball programs get 11.7 scholarships for their entire roster to share. Minimum share that can be given is 25%. Juco teams have 24 full scholarships by comparison.

What the school can or will give a kid varies a lot. Some schools can mix in grants and academic money to get all the way to a full ride in some cases. It varies a lot by school as to what they can and will offer. It helps the available money a lot if your kid has good grades and a high SAT score.

Comment

Everything is legal till you get caught

Comment

Thanks guys. Got answers I was looking for. I’m just trying to make sure I’m able to get him through graduation once he is done playing a kids game and decides to join the real world. I know I can’t afford a private school and almost choked when I saw the estimated cost on a few

Comment

Working...
                              X