Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better luck next time. I was sure rooting for ya

Comment

I have been following your thread and know the ups and downs of lion hunting. I went twice before I got my lion and had to use a rifle to take mine because a bow was out of the question.

You will get your lion, they are earned and not bought.

When you get back to Floresville get in contact with me and we will have a cocktail or two.

Comment

Jaker if you're in an area that the lions are impacting deer numbers then not a thing wrong with taking a big female, the outfitters like to leave them for future offspring to hunt but sometimes they can really impact a deer herd locally.
        Great looking pack of hounds!
        If you could pull it off try to schedule a hunt in say southern Colorado or NM and go on a call basis. The outfitter could call you when conditions are right and/or tracks have been found. Worked out for us that way but we live in cat country.
        You may have to climb for that shot but no need for a rifle . A pistol maybe , but not a rifle.
        Good luck on the next hunt!

Comment

Sorry you didn’t get a lion, better than working though! How can you tell if it’s a male or female track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

That was pretty cool Jake! I bet the Fireballs were helpful in that cold!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                That was pretty cool Jake! I bet the Fireballs were helpful in that cold!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The fireball was flowing. It sure didn’t help those 1:45am wake up calls but sure warmed the soul

Comment

Sorry for the outcome on this trip, but thanks for taking us along! Better luck next time. I used to raise and hunt bluetick coonhound. Love the hound melodies when they are on track too!

Comment

Tough luck on the hunt!

Where were you hunting in relation to Bozeman?

Comment

Working...
                    X