My son won a hunt tyhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son won a hunt tyhp

My son won a hunt from TYHP at the Flatwoods Ranch near Centerville. I can't find any info on this ranch, does anyone know about this place. My son is really excited to go.

Congrats on the hunt. He didn't really win as much as he was drawn for it. You still have to pay $150 to do most of these hunts. It's a great deal though, and he will have an awesome time. My daughter has killed 7 deer on 3 TYHP hunts.

Comment

No idea about the ranch, but congrats and good luck to your son. My son and I are leaving Friday morning for a TYHP hunt near Pipe Creek.

They are always a great time and lots of good folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
        My son won a hunt from TYHP at the Flatwoods Ranch near Centerville. I can't find any info on this ranch, does anyone know about this place. My son is really excited to go.
        "January 18, 2019 – January 20, 2019
        Arrival Time: 4pm
        Hunt Deadline: 12/21/2018
        Game Type: Deer, Hog, and
        Hunt Type: Rifle
        Lodging: Tent Camping
        Lodging Notes: This will be a tent camping hunt but there is space to put up cots or air mattresses out of the weather.

Description: This ranch near Centerville Texas is very well managed and has been hunted very little. Recent rains have some of the areas flooded. The landowner recommends hunters parents and volunteers have rubber boots. "

Is this the one? Not familiar with the ranch, myself. Just including the link in case you haven't seen it, which i'm sure you have

You must log in to apply, hunters are drawn 30 days prior to the hunt date. You will only be notified if you are selected for the hunt. To view the calendar without an account, click on LOG IN, then click on the TWA Logo.

Comment

Yeah I guess he was drawn for the hunt, it's supposed to be deer and hog so I hope it's a good one. We'll for sure enter for more in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Congrats on the hunt. He didn't really win as much as he was drawn for it. You still have to pay $150 to do most of these hunts. It's a great deal though, and he will have an awesome time. My daughter has killed 7 deer on 3 TYHP hunts.
            That sounds like something my wife always tells me at an auction "you didn't win cause you still gotta pay". I guess these youth draw hunts have been around longer than I knew. We found out about them through the SCI sponsored Hunters safety course.

Comment

It’s a great program. My kids both went earler this year. Both shot a deer and had a fantastic time.

Comment

congrats

Comment

I just got notice from the host that the hunt is at the Barber Ranch.

Comment

Working...
                  X