Best Homemade Arrow Backstop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Homemade Arrow Backstop

What do you guys recommend? I need to put something behind my 3-D target that will not be a total eyesore.

Anyone made anything that works well?

Thanks,

J.P.

3/4 inch, 4'X8' sheet of plywood and paint a picture on it.

Comment

My cedar fence works pretty good.

Comment

I got some 1 1/2 " pvc and built a frame that holds a pice of 3/4 plywood and has four layers of carpet in front of the plywood. Works really good for a few years now.

Comment

those rubber trailer mats work good. Just suspend it. The rocking action absorbs the shock.

Comment

You can hang a piece of carpet from a frame. Only secure across the top, this allows the carpet to hinge when the arrow hits. The loose carpet absorbs the energy and stops the arrow.

"Hunt and hunt hard"

Comment

horse stall mat from tractor supply... about 1" rubber, and 4x6' or so in size...
              hang it from a pvc frame... about $40..

Comment

I will post pics of my backstop this evening.

Comment

Cool, that gives me some ideas. I like the PVC Frame idea as I could easily break it down and not be permanant.

Show me some pics!

Thanks,

J.P.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    My cedar fence works pretty good.
                    Won't work if ur shooting a mathews w/rage bh's. It'll blow right threw it. Just sayin.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                      Won't work if ur shooting a mathews w/rage bh's. It'll blow right threw it. Just sayin.....
                      I once shot a Rage Broadhead from my Mathews at my GlenDel buck. It went through it. Then it went through my rubber backstop. Then it went through the cedar fence. Then it went through my house. Then it went through a giant statue of Willy Wonka that is in my front yard. Then it went through the high school across the street. Then it kept going and went through 7 more states and hit a mountain. Then it went through it. Then it left Earth's atmosphere and went into space. Then while it was up there it hit Chuck Norris. It went through him and round house kicked him in the face just for fun. Then it went through another tree in my back yard. Then it stuck in the GlenDel Buck right where the heart is supposed to be.

It's a pretty good backstop.

Comment

I hate when that happens!

Originally posted by mathewsbullseye View Post
                        I once shot a Rage Broadhead from my Mathews at my GlenDel buck. It went through it. Then it went through my rubber backstop. Then it went through the cedar fence. Then it went through my house. Then it went through a giant statue of Willy Wonka that is in my front yard. Then it went through the high school across the street. Then it kept going and went through 7 more states and hit a mountain. Then it went through it. Then it left Earth's atmosphere and went into space. Then while it was up there it hit Chuck Norris. It went through him and round house kicked him in the face just for fun. Then it went through another tree in my back yard. Then it stuck in the GlenDel Buck right where the heart is supposed to be.

What he said ^ ^ ^

Comment

Originally posted by atombomb View Post
                          horse stall mat from tractor supply... about 1" rubber, and 4x6' or so in size...
                          hang it from a pvc frame... about $40..
                          How does this work with broad heads?

Comment

Originally posted by mathewsbullseye View Post

Wow. Is it happy hour already?!?!

Comment

Working...
                            X