Monday 11/5 LBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 11/5 LBJ

Think a buddy and I will be heading up to hunt LBJ on Monday morning. Don't have a stand so I guess we will just be stalking and walking. I went and "scouted" a lil bit 2 Saturdays ago but my wife was with me so I didn't do much walking. Saw some places I like.

Any hints or advice for me? I will be toting my 12 gauge by the way. My email is clay@fbcaledo.com if you want to shoot me a line!

Thanks, God bless you guys, and happy hunting!!!

DO NOT forget to wear the orange, including a cap. They will hammer you for this one since it is general season. Move slow, and find a spot and sit for a while. Should be very little people in there on a weekday, so it wont be overcrowded. The deer will be very tense after the opener, but they are still there just a little deeper in the sticks. Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Have orange cap and vest ready. Any particular spots where I might "find" some deer?

Comment

Originally posted by BamaTexan View Post
        Thanks for the advice. Have orange cap and vest ready. Any particular spots where I might "find" some deer?
        The million dollar question...

Comment

One of you LBJ boys oughta hang a stand along that little creek that feeds Clear Lake,the one that comes in from the southeast.I've fished the lake a lot in my kayak and there is an awesome trail that crosses the creek about a 100 yards upstream from the lake.Its about the only place they can cross,the briars are too thick along the bank to cross anywhere else.

Comment

I just will say the deer are gone from LBJ they are in they protection now that general season has arrived they go bye bye. LMFAO just kidding guys the rut is about to heat up and it is really up in the air wherever the deer are the bucks will be where the does are so I guess you find some does your buck is not to far away but I would harvest anything I see at this point.

Comment

I tell ya guys there aint no deer at LBJ...! I think they all moved to Davy Crockett, yeah that's it they all moved, far far away. I think they went with Dorthy and Toto to see the Wizard along with the scarecrow. Yeah that's the ticket they all went to Oz.

Comment

Sure seems like they have moved out. I haven't seen a deer the last three times out. ARgh!!!

Comment

Well I have my secret honey spot about 2 hours away from denton hehe if ol' LBJ dont come threw for me I know a guranteed spot.

Comment

Working...
                  X