No announcement yet.

First of TPWD drawn Hunts deadlin sis today 8-3-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending 2nd on garner(2PP) and gator at JD Murphree(I drew that one last year first time puttin in) so oh well I've got a bunch of others that I've entered and don't mind buildin up PP

Comment

K, ........I'm a little confused ?!?!? I thought everyone that didn't draw the initial draw, was automatically entered into the second draw, but many are speaking as if they're out already. Are only SOME entered into second draw ?????????

Comment

If you aren't drawn in the first draw, you're automatically in the 2nd draw.

Comment

Shane you are one lucky dude!

Comment

Nice, looks like a few had some luck this go round. I am surprised to see so many with points in the high teens and not be drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post
              Nice, looks like a few had some luck this go round. I am surprised to see so many with points in the high teens and not be drawn.

It has to do with the Texas handles preference points.
              If you've got 20 points and 2000 people enter, your 20 don't really mean a whole lot. That would give you a 1 in 100 or 1% chance.
              Then when you add in all the other people with multiple points, your chances only get worse.

There is no "seniority" type advantage for preference points.
              A first time applicant gets his name thrown in the same hat as someone with 20 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                Shane you are one lucky dude!
                Yes'm. It took me 22 years to be lucky in the Exotic category, but I'll take it.

Comment

Got my denial letter letter from ASU drawing. Still pending 2nd draw for Garner.

Comment

Looks like they drew second round for Exotics and Alligator. No second round luck for me this year.

Comment

No second round for me either. I will be entering for archery deer, archery mule, javelin, private lands anterless/spike

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Yes'm. It took me 22 years to be lucky in the Exotic category, but I'll take it.
                        The good news is, that you "WERE" the only one on here that had more pp than I. Next year it will be Shane 1pp Tracy 18pp going into the Exotic draw. Good luck Sir. But seeing you next to your Big Horn Sheep, well you do your home work and luck is not a factor that you count on. It will be welcomed it if shows up. Can't wait to see some Texas Exotics in photos in the near future.

Comment

I drew Palo Duro for the 1/27-29 hunt. 18 PP's, second draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Log View Post
                            I drew Palo Duro for the 1/27-29 hunt. 18 PP's, second draw.
                            I go the week after that. Hopefully you'll be giving some updates and helpful hints !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
                              I go the week after that. Hopefully you'll be giving some updates and helpful hints !!!
                              I'll be there the same time. I got drawn in the 2nd go round with 2 points!

Comment

Working...
                              X