Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.
    Thanks for the information.

will be putting some rounds down it either tomorrow or sunday!

Comment

I was able to shoot 40 rounds yesterday. I'm hoping the barrel just needs to be broke in more. i was getting 2-3" groups at 40 yards which is pretty bad. They seamed to start getting a little better towards the end.
      What y'alls thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
        I was able to shoot 40 rounds yesterday. I'm hoping the barrel just needs to be broke in more. i was getting 2-3" groups at 40 yards which is pretty bad. They seamed to start getting a little better towards the end.
        What y'alls thoughts?
        Clean and shoot again.

Lower quality barrels can take up to 200 rounds to break in. Which IMHO offsets the cost savings.

I am about to build my dads upper. Ordering the barrel today.

Comment

What y'alls thoughts?
          Keep shooting it. Mine didn't start shooting good till it had about 65-70 rounds through it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks.
            Yes it is a cheaper upper, so it will probably take a while.
            I guess i'm use to my old remington bolt guns, they shot great from the 1st shot on!!

Comment

Factory build or home build? How were you shooting (free hand, bags from prone, bench)? Iron sights or optics? Factory ammo or reloads?

Im not familiar with that brand personally but much more info is needed to help you out bud.

Comment

It was a factory upper from Arsenal Defense with 20" barrel. Shooting from a corn bag as a rest on a picnic table and was really solid.
                I'm using an ATN x-sight day/night vision as my optics (I had this on my 300 blackout and at 50-60 yards I could get the shots touching, so don't think the scope is an issue) and shooting hornady black 123 eld-m ammo.

Comment

Ok thanks.
                  Yes it is a cheaper upper, so it will probably take a while.
                  I guess i'm use to my old remington bolt guns, they shot great from the 1st shot on!!
                  Most of the Remington Bolts that I shot took 50-100 shots before the groups quit closing.

Comment

It was a factory upper from Arsenal Defense with 20" barrel. Shooting from a corn bag as a rest on a picnic table and was really solid.
                    I'm using an ATN x-sight day/night vision as my optics (I had this on my 300 blackout and at 50-60 yards I could get the shots touching, so don't think the scope is an issue) and shooting hornady black 123 eld-m ammo.

Well crap I was hoping something easy would rear it’s head to fix for ya. Looks like more shooting and cleaning is about your only option at this point. If it’s still doing it at 100-200 rounds I’d be on the phone for at minimum a new barrel!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Could be your ammo also ? mine does not like the hornady black ! but it loves the Horady 123 gr SST

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                        Could be your ammo also ? mine does not like the hornady black ! but it loves the Horady 123 gr SST
                        I'm having a hard time finding the SST. If it's doesn't get better after the next 60 rounds, I'll get with a buddy and load some up.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          Well crap I was hoping something easy would rear it’s head to fix for ya. Looks like more shooting and cleaning is about your only option at this point. If it’s still doing it at 100-200 rounds I’d be on the phone for at minimum a new barrel!

Sierracharlie out…
                          Thanks for helping out!
                          I'll keep y'all updated.

Comment

I'm having a hard time finding the SST. If it's doesn't get better after the next 60 rounds, I'll get with a buddy and load some up.
                            120 NBT. If it will not shoot those there is a problem. It has been that way since the beginning of the cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                              120 NBT. If it will not shoot those there is a problem. It has been that way since the beginning of the cartridge.
                              Exactly. What shoots best in mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for helping out!

I'll keep y'all updated.

Wish I could have been more helpful! Please do

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X