Starting a new activist movement : Brace Height Matters Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a new activist movement : Brace Height Matters Movement

I'd been struggling lately staying consistent and couldn't figure it out, then I remembered the past about fistfighting Friday or what ever it was called and decided to check my brace height. It was about 5 7/8, twisted it back up to 7 1/8. This is my group from 10, 15, 20, 25, & 30. BHM
    Attached Files

If you lost 2” of brace height you need a new string I can understand a little creep but that’s excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry 1 1/4 that’s still a lot of creep. Are you keeping it strung?

Comment

Strung or not, that's a ton!

Comment

I figured if unstrung it was getting I twisted each time a little

Comment

You should see the lack of brace height when you pick up the bow if it is that short. I eyeball it every time that I pick a bow up. I also keep a tape measure next to my bow rack. I have seen new strings lose that much in just a few dozen shots, but a string that is settled should not loose that much unless something is wrong with it.

Comment

All the strings I build lose about 1/4 at most when being stretched on the bow. My b55 stretch more but bcyx doesn’t move much if built right.

Comment

Well guys I must say that I never really checked it. And I did notice that it seemed short the last couple times I picked it up. But either way it's back right now and it's shooting darts.

Comment

That's why I celebrate Fistmele Wednesday every week.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    That's why I celebrate Fistmele Wednesday every week.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                    Yeah that's what I was saying, I remembered your fist fighting Friday post

Comment

Nice group
                      Good thing you checked it before you went insane

Comment

Like others have said... that is a lot of BH to lose over time. I won't lie, I really can't tell when I've lost 1/8"... but when I get to 1/4" I can hear it and I can tell something is off. To lose a whole inch+ seems insane.

Also, I agree with folks about how that is a lot of loss and depending on the situation, might want to inspect your string. When I unstring my bow, the string stays on the bow... so it never has a chance to untwist. And besides the first week or so of shooting in a new string, I might lose 1/8" every couple months. Once I started losing BH more rapidly, I changed strings.

Comment

Yeah I'm obviously not what you would call a stickler for the specs on my gear, but I will definitely pay a little closer attention in the future. I've always been more of a grab it and shoot it kinda of guy.

Comment

I'm not sure I have ever checked mine, better get on that.

Comment

Working...
                            X