Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ted Poe my old Congressman resigns from Freedom Caucus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    You all had seven years to come up with a plan.

And now you want to blame it on Democrats

That's rich!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Did I say anything about blame?

I was only rebutting your comment about republicans being the only ones to not compromise.

Care to answer the questions I asked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I was only rebutting your comment about republicans being the only ones to not compromise.

Mike you're waisting your time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Your question is irrelevant.

Republicans hold the majority in the House and the Senate in the executive office.

If you all can't accomplish anything without the help of Democrats, that's on you

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
          Mike you're waisting your time!

Personal attacks much ?

Comment

Trump may have to choose between moderate Democrats or the very conservative Freedom Caucus on healthcare and other controversial issues. If he feels like the Freedom Caucus is holding his agenda hostage, I think (and hope) he might actually sell around them by shifting his coalition to the center.

Blaming conservatives on health care bill, Trump signals new openness to Democrats

Comment

Your question is irrelevant.

Republicans hold the majority in the House and the Senate in the executive office.

If you all can't accomplish anything without the help of Democrats, that's on you

Not quite. While we may hold enough majority in the house we do not hold a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. And quite frankly the president is irrelevant in getting laws passed unless he bypasses congress.

So you still didn't answer the question.

And no my question is not irrelevant. You spouted off that the republicans aren't willing to compromise. I basically said the Dems are the same. So what's your response now?

Comment

Not quite. While we may hold enough majority in the house we do not hold a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. And quite frankly the president is irrelevant in getting laws passed unless he bypasses congress.

So you still didn't answer the question.

And no my question is not irrelevant. You spouted off that the republicans aren't willing to compromise. I basically said the Dems are the same. So what's your response now?

My response is Donald Trump will start using Democrats, that will be funny

Edit: and if Donald Trump can destroy the freedom caucus, I might become a trumpster [emoji23]
                Last edited by XBowHunter; 03-27-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

My response is Donald Trump will start using Democrats, that will be funny

Edit: and if Donald Trump can destroy the freedom caucus, I might become a trumpster [emoji23]

I have no problem with compromise provided it comes from both sides AND more importantly benefits the American people as a whole.

Pipe dream I know but..........

Comment

Personal attacks much ?

Oh waging personal attaches would just be unquestionable!

California lawmakers warn companies against working on border wall...

XBowHunter
                    "He is a liar. He's the worst president we've ever had when he comes to class, dignity and telling the truth.

He's an embarrassment to the country.

He should be in embarrassment to anyone who voted for him.

The man's campaign is under federal investigation.

He's a joke"

Comment

I have no problem with compromise provided it comes from both sides AND more importantly benefits the American people as a whole.

I could not agree more! Yep, pipe dream these days but that is actually how this is supposed to work. Tax reform will probably be a mess!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                        Trump may have to choose between moderate Democrats or the very conservative Freedom Caucus on healthcare and other controversial issues. If he feels like the Freedom Caucus is holding his agenda hostage, I think (and hope) he might actually sell around them by shifting his coalition to the center.

Blaming conservatives on health care bill, Trump signals new openness to Democrats

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nola....mocrats_bl.amp
                        So, let me try to understand....

The only elected officials in Washington that are fighting to honor the GOP campaign promise to repeal Obamacare are the bad guys, and now, somehow, caving on that promise and working a deal with the Democrats to keep Obamacare after just rearranging it a little bit and maybe giving it a new name is the right thing to do?

If that is where we are, then why did we care who won the election? Why don't we just vote for the liberal Democrats every time and avoid all the drama if we're supposed to give in to them at every turn rather than use power and influence to do something different when we actually win an election?

No offense meant. I truly just don't understand that thought process.

Comment

And why do all the proponents of compromise NEVER say anything about the Democrats' unwillingness to compromise with Republicans? Why do you NEVER say anything about moderate Republicans' unwillingness to compromise with conservatives? Why are conservatives the only people in the country expected to compromise?

Getting rid of Obamacare is the right thing to do. Why don't we hammer all the big government types in the GOP and Democrat party who are unwilling to compromise on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                            Oh waging personal attaches would just be unquestionable!

California lawmakers warn companies against working on border wall...

XBowHunter
                            "He is a liar. He's the worst president we've ever had when he comes to class, dignity and telling the truth.

He's an embarrassment to the country.

He should be in embarrassment to anyone who voted for him.

The man's campaign is under federal investigation.

He's a joke"

It's not against the rules to attack our president here, it is against the rules to attack another member.

Comment

Then we can agree compromise should be our future from both sides of the aisle [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                And why do all the proponents of compromise NEVER say anything about the Democrats' unwillingness to compromise with Republicans? Why do you NEVER say anything about moderate Republicans' unwillingness to compromise with conservatives? Why are conservatives the only people in the country expected to compromise?

Getting rid of Obamacare is the right thing to do. Why don't we hammer all the big government types in the GOP and Democrat party who are unwilling to compromise on that?

I think there are two different parties within the Republican Party. I don't ever see them agreeing

Comment

Working...
                                X