Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Sheath(s)

Not sure if this is the right forum.

My lease buddy and I recently bought a gut hook knife made by Jero from Main Street Cutlery in Brady, TX.

They didn't come with a sheath or scabbard, but they did throw in a blade protector.

I'm wondering if one of our knife makers and leather workers could design and make me two.

What measurements would be needed?
    What are some design features to consider.....

Contact Razorback01...

He does outstanding work, but, he may need your knife to make an exact fit.

You will not be disappointed.

Comment

I searched for knife sheaths before starting this thread.

This thread did not show up

Thank you for sharing it!!!

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Contact Razorback01...

He does outstanding work, but, he may need your knife to make an exact fit.

You will not be disappointed.

I will thank you!

Comment

I can do them as well....

Comment

Danny Collins here on TBH is top notch, he's made me several sheaths and other items.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Danny is the man!

Comment

Wow!!
              I figured this would be difficult to get done.

It still is, trying to decide who to use.

Comment

I'm happy to help if you would like as I'm a current sponsor on TBH. You can pm me and I can shoot you a few pics if you prefer. 713-7two4-1993
                Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 06-29-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Knife Sheath(s)

I have 0 experience in sheaths. I usually make work what comes on the knife.

Can you all guide me on some options?
                  It's a 16cm blade w/gut hook....
                  Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-29-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Options for tooling are endless. Other options are if you want it right or left handed on your belt. Other than that its kinds your personal preference as to how you want it as far as color, stitching or braid....

Comment

pm returned

Comment

..."when you don't know your limitations, new frontiers are discovered!" a new mantra I just discovered here

Comment

Pushbutton, they all do outstanding work.

Take your time, and get what you want... It will be with you a LONG time.

Comment

Knife Sheath(s)

Here's a picture of it.
                            6.25"

I looked online at the sellers website and couldn't find.
                            I'd already pm'd Leon County Slayer, I looked a the thread he started, it said Kydex. I was intrigued.
                            I texted him a bit and he wanted a picture of it. I didn't have one. Took him like 10 minutes to find it on the sellers site.
                            I'm strongly leaning towards Kydex, ambidextrous carry, pack/ fanny pack mountable, able to tie down, Kydex for added peace of mind.
                            I just thought of another question for Leon County Slayer....
                            My buddy bought one for his upcoming elk hunt. I'm waiting to hear back from him if he wants one.

My concerns with the knife are it's length. Might be a tad long Texas deer and pigs.

I know it's not an MR, Stic or Chops or any of our other TBH Knife makers whom I've not mentioned. Because 1) I don't know them all or 2) I've forgotten they make knives.

I'll be 46 in a couple weeks, ugh, I got to admit I've never liked more forward to testing a knife than I am now!
                            I'm not the most experienced at field dressing, I've helped on 10ish, been helped on another 3 deer.
                            Than helped on 4 pigs.
                            As a kid growing up it was mainly rabbit squirrel and the occasional pheasant.

Link:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X