Make money off baseball parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
    On a more serious note: if your kid is good enough and plays baseball in Texas, they will find him.
    And you will still be paying to play better competition. Not saying it's right but it's just the way it is now.

Comment

Yep it's a $$$ scam for sure. I know parents traveling 100s of miles 2 and 3 weekends a month to Ts. Parents are into it more than the kids are. It's a keep up with the Joneses thing for sure.

Comment

Kid pitches for 2 teams. He is leaving Friday for Florida- I send him with others and give him spending money and give them some $ for room. It is expensive. With that said if your kid wants to play beyond HS he has to get his name out. During HS ball all college coaches are busy with their season. If a kid wants to play further they need to attend some showcase events. If they have what the programs are looking for they will contact you early. Fresh/Soph in HS. Most of the time if a program has not made contact by then the athlete does not have what they are looking for. Most of the time they are looking more for athletes with a high ceiling more than a polished ball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
          On a more serious note: if your kid is good enough and plays baseball in Texas, they will find him.
          X100000

Fundementals and school ball... if God blessed tbe kid they will find him

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Kid pitches for 2 teams. He is leaving Friday for Florida- I send him with others and give him spending money and give them some $ for room. It is expensive. With that said if your kid wants to play beyond HS he has to get his name out. During HS ball all college coaches are busy with their season. If a kid wants to play further they need to attend some showcase events. If they have what the programs are looking for they will contact you early. Fresh/Soph in HS. Most of the time if a program has not made contact by then the athlete does not have what they are looking for. Most of the time they are looking more for athletes with a high ceiling more than a polished ball player.
            You could spend that $$ on weekly lessons with a pro and play local ball and come out way ahead.

Comment

It's all sports. My cousin paid for his daughter to play select volleyball. He also made the comment he could have paid for all three of his kids degrees at Texas AandM. Guessing he spent around 150k between traveling all over the USA and tournaments

Comment

80k on golf would probably get you a lot further.

Comment

My Friends sons friend signed a letter of commitment to OK St and he is going to be Jr next yr. had offers from TCU, Ok, A&M and several others. Crazy

Comment

You've been listening to too many select coaches. College coaches would be missing a HUGE lot of talent if they didn't recruit during the spring.

Comment

My son just graduated and for those who say high school is enough, it isn't. The recruiters I saw this season were all looking at pitchers. It is hard to evaluate hitters against sub par pitching. And like others have said, colleges are busy with season.

I am huge fan of select baseball. But I do not understand the traveling and volume of games at the younger ages. The season is a grind. The focus really kicks in at the high school age. The elite tournaments will bring lots of recruiting. Colleges host showcase tournaments and that is a great way to get evaluated and seen.

Keep in mind, there are lots of colleges to play baseball and get an education. Also select baseball varies greatly in cost from team to team. The organizations or clubs offer a lot of amenities, and cost associated with them.

Winning trophies does not always equal good baseball and/or good training.

Comment

Not a chance im paying 1/4 of that for my son to play ball over a 13
                        Yr period.

Comment

College coaches are hitting the recruiting trail hard right now or as soon as their season is over. They will be hitting the showcase tournaments looking for the next big thing, if you want your kid to get a look these are the places to go. Yes they do see and hear about certain kids during school, but that's b/c the HS coaches needs some kids getting recruited to one make them look good as well as the school. If you want a better chance at getting your kid looked at go to the showcase teams if he can make the cut then it's up to him to make it.

Comment

I'm leaning to be against all this select baseball , football, basketball crap. It's becoming a big business and lot of kids who have more talent and raw ability are getting left behind and leaving sports because their family can't afford it. Kids aren't playing sandlot baseball but learning positions and specializing in one sport. Baseball is the worse
                            Last edited by BrandonA; 06-28-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Why is everyone so worried about what everyone else spends their money on?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                I'm leaning to be against all this select baseball , football, basketball crap. It's becoming a big business and lot of kids who have more talent and raw ability are getting left behind and leaving sports. Baseball is the worse

Keep that girl of yours fishing and in rodeo although I guess rodeo is just as bad! My buddies BIL makes 6 figure coaching select soccer. It's sure enough a big business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X