Question for the Video Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Video Pros

I got Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate for Christmas and have made a movie from some old video I shot a few years ago. When I rendered the video I saved it in .avi format. What is the next step in getting it uploaded to TBH? Do I just use a freeware converter to convert it to .mov or should I render the video in some other format? I have seen that some use space on other servers to host videos, then I see that some link to YouTube. You are dealing with a rookie so put it in plain english please!

It appears Youtube accepts .avi formats so you could create an account there, and upload it there and then link to it in your post.

Comment

Youtube is the fastest upload in my opinion. Plus they have HD capabilities. If you have a very large file you can use Vime. Huntingfootage likes to claim originality in novice hunters. Photobucket is pretty quick upload but lacks HD quailty.

So basically create an account. And hit the upload button. It will ask you to find the file click it and your good to go.

Comment

I have been making the movies in MPEG-4 and then uploading to YouTube. Don't know if that's the best format or not, but it seems to work well for me. For those in the know, how do you decide which format to make your movies in?

Comment

sony vegas

Pinnacle Studio. I've wasted hundreds of $$$ on various versions of this software, always crashes, never can do anything other than a short simple video. Sony Vegas is hard to use but always works. I use Sony HD camera.

I suggest WMV format. If you have that option, use it. Better quality video in a smaller file. AVI is about the worst format in terms of file size. MP4 is a good 2nd choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DavisHollow View Post
            Pinnacle Studio. I've wasted hundreds of $$$ on various versions of this software, always crashes, never can do anything other than a short simple video. Sony Vegas is hard to use but always works. I use Sony HD camera.

I suggest WMV format. If you have that option, use it. Better quality video in a smaller file. AVI is about the worst format in terms of file size. MP4 is a good 2nd choice.
            Sometimes Pinnacle goes "not responding" on my system. I close it, open it back up and it recovers everything and moves on. It's annoying, but as long as it keeps recovering everything and doesn't set me back to square one, I guess I'll live with it. Windows Movie Maker used to do the same thing, so I thought it was just sort of inherent in video editing softwares in general.

I'll try making one in WMV format. Thanks!

Comment

I use WMV then upload to my own personal website. Probably a waste of 70 bucks a year since I only use it to host videos. I also had to buy a ws_FTP file transfer software to upload it.

Comment

Thanks guys! I may have a short video or two to post in the near future. Just got to get some time to sit down and work on it.

Comment

Working...
                X