Anyone cook with a instapot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone cook with a instapot?

Made some ribs in ours and they turned out pretty good.
    Can’t wait to make some dishes with wild game in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love the instant pot!

Comment

I have one and I love it. Many crock pot recipes can be adapted to work in the instant pot. You can make venison backstrap just about fall apart and shred with a fork.

Comment

Originally posted by toastie View Post
        I have one and I love it. Many crock pot recipes can be adapted to work in the instant pot. You can make venison backstrap just about fall apart and shred with a fork.
        I don’t think I’d ever do that to backstraps, but the instant pot is amazing for cooking shanks, roasts, and other cuts with lots of connective tissue.

Comment

I bought one for each of my sons for Christmas. I did my first meal in mine last night. Chicken & Rice with veggies. Chicken fell apart. It was really good.

Comment

Wife got one for Christmas. So far we have done gyros, butter chicken, and carnitas. All have turned out excellent. We just use google for recipes.

Comment

My wife bought one and it finally got her cooking. After 7 years it's nice to come home and not have to cook. Lol

Comment

Cooked a frozen solid rock hard package of jalapeño deer sausage. Must say it was full of flavor. SOLD

Comment

Take about 2 pounds of de boned hog meat and season with whatever you like. 90 minutes on high pressure. Perfect and easy pulled pork every time. That's how I do every pig I shoot since I got the insta pot

Comment

Hell yeah! It cooks a hellova pot of beans

Comment

Originally posted by gscout01 View Post
                      Take about 2 pounds of de boned hog meat and season with whatever you like. 90 minutes on high pressure. Perfect and easy pulled pork every time. That's how I do every pig I shoot since I got the insta pot

We did some pig in ours too, this thing is awesome.

Comment

My mother in law gave my wife one for Christmas.

We love it. As stated, a lot of crock pot recipes can be adapted for it and cook time is significantly reduced.

We have done and enjoyed -
                        Chicken & Dumplings
                        Jambalaya
                        Chicken and rice, peppers, etc.

Once prepped, these dishes all cooked for literally 15 minutes and all came out like they had been simmering all day.

Really wanting to try pulled pork or short ribs. I've also heard that you can throw in frozen chicken (pieces) and it's cooked in 20-25 minutes.
                        Last edited by CaptainDave; 01-29-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

We did this recipe off the web and they turned out freaking awesome.

INGREDIENTS
                          3 lbs pork baby back ribs
                          4 cups apple juice
                          ¼-1/2 cup apple cider -OR- apple cider vinegar (see NOTES)
                          1 cup (or amount desired) BBQ sauce
                          Remove membrane that covers the underside of the ribs. Cut the slab of ribs in half
                          Instant Pot:
                          Pour the apple juice into the Instant Pot insert. Add the vinegar. Heat the liquid using the "Saute" function until it steams
                          Place the ribs in the pot, meat side down.
                          Cover and set to "Meat/Stew" setting for 20-25 minutes.
                          After the time is up, let the ribs sit in the pot for 5 minutes, then release the pressure.
                          Remove the ribs to a baking dish and slather them on both sides with BBQ sauce
                          Place under broiler for about 5 minutes, or until the BBQ sauce is bubbling and starts to caramelize.
                          Serve immediately.

Comment

It will cook a pot of beans in 40 min.

Comment

Got one for Christmas. We've cooked Stew, Soup, Ribs. All turned out great. Saves us a lot of time and eating out money.

Comment

Working...
                              X