Coleman 426B Stove restore project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coleman 426B Stove restore project

I've been waiting three weeks to get this one. I was hoping it would be in better shape, but it's got a lot of rust on the burner plates. The generator rod is bent which prevents the fuel take from attaching correctly to the case.

I cannot find a date code on the case or fuel tank tabs. No idea on the age.
    The 3 burner is the king of Coleman stoves. Coleman does not make them any more.
    Attached Files

I got the burners cleaned and painted

Comment

Show off! I'm on LOA and not getting as much done as you.

And don't worry about the 30min soak time in the vinegar. I left some parts in overnight and they are just fine. As a matter of fact, it looked like it took a couple of hours before anything started happening.

Comment

I understood brother. Heal up

Comment

Got the lid painted and part of the case

Comment

Burner and bottom of the case

The burners were soaked and then sanded down. Used VHT paint and primer.
            Same Hunter Green for the case. The bottom of the case had been set on top of something vinyl or plastic while it was hot. Got the sander out and 80 grit did the trick.

I need to put another coat on the lid. The grills are cleaned up as best I could. I even baked them to burn off the mess. Used generator on it's way. I need to clean up and paint the tank. Inside of the tank looks okay. Soaking the leather cup in oil right now.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 2050z; 01-22-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Git er dun!!!!

Comment

Painted up the case and cover today. Tank hold pressure. waiting on used generator.

Comment

after

burners, handle, and fuel tank.
                  Attached Files

Comment

soaked the grill in rust remover and it worked like a charm.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks new again.good job

Comment

Thanks. This will be my last stove restore unless I find one that catches my attention.

Comment

Looks Great!!

Comment

Thanks. I should get the new/used generator today or tomorrow. Hoping to get this bad boy fired up and tested. I want to see if the VHT paint handles the burner heat.

Comment

Looks real good.

Comment

Working...
                              X