No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That does look like a flying saucer landing!!

Comment

[ATTACH]543557[/ATTACH] here is what i have coming in. will he make 13"

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Go advanced and click on the paper clip
        thanks

Comment

If his right side claw just goes up and out and the other is outside his ear I would think so. That claw puts his main bean out there.

Comment

Went out to check on feeder yesterday and saw two does.

Also as I was going to get my corn from truck and coming back I heard shots which sounded like dove hunters. about 250 to the southwest of my stand.

I went to look and noticed a tree stand 40 yards to the southwest from my feeder.

It was tough to tell how long it has been there. Tie wraps to trees looked new but there was vines and tree growth near the bottom steps of the stand.

I will be reporting this to the ranger tomorrow.
            Last edited by topduarte; 09-14-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Got an email reply today to my voicemail I left yesterday of another hunter within 40 yards of my feeder.

My coordinates where sent in Saturday lunchtimish (August 17th) and approved on August 21st.

I have spent many hours cleaning and scouting and setting up my feeder, etc.

Basically they said I have to move due to the other hunter's coordinates were sent in before mine. There was no one setting up there other than the guy I met who is about 300 to 400 yards away on the other side of the creek.

The other hunter had set up after I did but gets his pick since he set his coordinates first.

Other thing email says is "The hunter you are referring to and yourself are 200 feet apart, given coordinates were sent correctly from the feeders. Scott approved the locations based on the idea that you two are shooting away from each other. Because there is an issue with the location, you will need to move up the tree line."

Why would I or the other hunter want to be 200 feet apart???

I emailed a respectable reply in looking into this and explaining the same things as I said above.

Hoping to hear good news tomorrow.

Comment

Hope if works out in your favor since you had your stuff up first.
                Had something similar happen to me last year with someone emailing coordinates before putting up their stand. Decided it wasn't worth moving a little further away and still being within 100-200 yards of the other guy. So, I moved to the other side of the lake and why I always have a backup place or two to move to.

I'm sure the rangers have a hard time with this kind of stuff because they don't have much to go on except who sent the email first. They probably assumed you guys saw each other that morning and were fine with the placement and moved on to the next email.

Comment

2 and a half more weeks!! I can't take it!!

Comment

I pulled cards yesterday and had several pics of dove hunters walking through the area. I still have 2-3 does coming in every night...

It can't get here soon enough!

Comment

I had pics of a bobcat, several does/fawns, and a couple of small forked bucks. According to my pics I should have a doe down by 7:33am on Sept 28th

Comment

Anyone ever use a deer cart to move corn out to their feeder?

Comment

I do. 200 lbs is a haul, have to go slow to keep from tipping over, but I still think it is better than 5 trips with it on my back. I have an old one that I have been thinking about leaving hidden and locked to a tree to use when I kill something.

Comment

Sending these trail cam pics into the office. There ARE hogs at Lake G! Only out at night right now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
                              Sending these trail cam pics into the office. There ARE hogs at Lake G! Only out at night right now.
                              What area are you hunting in? I would love to see them walk underneath my feeder!

Comment

Went to fill up feeder today.

Did see some grubbing in unit 14.

less than 7 days. Excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X