Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need some dang pics

Comment

Ive tried posting my outdoor hog euro from phone...used to be able to post from my phone...can no longer post from my phone for some reason.

Comment

in for the pics...

or it didn't happen

Comment

I have done this a bunch of times.....works like a charm. I will take pics of mine tomorrow (if I remember) Just bury it, hide and all and let it sit for three months and vuala.....pristine skull. Only thing is I stick mine where the dogs can't get to it and put some rat poison around the antlers so the rats don't chew on them. Check it every month or so and make sure you don't need to put out more poison and then dig it up and spray it off.

Comment

Last dang try

Comment

No really last dang try
              Attached Files

Comment

did you bury the antlers?

Comment

Don't burry antlers. There's nothing there's for nature to eat except the bone itself If you got a ram type animal pull the horns off the bone as quick as you can.
                  All the taxidermists are cursing this thread and I don't blame them. But if absolute perfection is your goal for a euro take it to the taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                    How do you keep the horns from bleaching out?
                    When I buried a few skulls I wrapped the antlers in a black plastic bag and it worked great.

Comment

Also - when I did this I used a cut down barrel so I didn't have to dig up the yard and I could move them around keeping the process more wife friendly. I was sure to get some bugs in with the dirt.

Comment

In Germany, we'd boil the skull to soften and use a pressure washer to remove the skin etc. If you want it extra white, soak it in peroxide solution overnight.

Comment

Looks good.
                          I did a skull using the maceration process and will not be doing that again! I about puked every time I got near it. $75 for a taxidermist is money well spent! I would be worried about something chewing up the antlers.

Comment

awesome, gonna try this...

Comment

sweet

Comment

I am gonna try this

Comment

Working...
                                X