Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In!

Comment

In late November 2017 we starting building upwards.
      First step was to get things straightened up around the build site as we had crap everywhere (Pic1)

We added the uprights around the bedroom and created the loft. (Pics2&3)

We then added the East Wall and the extended the front wall all the way. you can see the 3 windows that will be facing North, with a great view when you are in the Loft. (Pics4&5)

We then added the Porch Posts and hand Railing(Pic 6)

We finished up on Dec 2 and took in the views, that is my buddy Andy in picture.(Pic7)

Pic 8 has Highlights of the window area.
      Attached Files

Comment

subscribed...lookin good

Comment

This is a BAD*** build, Subscribed!!

I really like the silo shower house - Very cool!!

At some point I'll be looking at doing something similar at our place.

Stay off-grid is really nice, No additional monthly bills and a huge savings! Running power in that country is pricey!

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            This is a BAD*** build, Subscribed!!

I really like the silo shower house - Very cool!!

At some point I'll be looking at doing something similar at our place.

Stay off-grid is really nice, No additional monthly bills and a huge savings! Running power in that country is pricey!
            Thank you!

Even though there is electricity only about 1.5 miles away I didn't even want to know what the cost to get electricity there would be. My neighbor is going to get the power extended to his place, so at that point it will be less than 1/4 mile away, but that would only be a selling point if I ever sold the property. My neighbor also plans to drill a well on the edge of our property line, and he said he would let me tap in when he does.

I have heard many horror story's about subdivisions and bad neighbors, but so far my experience has been great. I just hope that doesn't change.

Comment

Awesome. I'm in

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

It was $9 a foot with CTEC to run power. They do give you a $2,000 credit though, so I ran it the $2,000 worth. I do get hit with a $25 minimum payment now.

I too looked at doing a catchment system, but decided to dig a well. I am in the place for the long run and think it will be more expensive/harder to do in the future. But I didnt have any water close.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    It was $9 a foot with CTEC to run power. They do give you a $2,000 credit though, so I ran it the $2,000 worth. I do get hit with a $25 minimum payment now.

I too looked at doing a catchment system, but decided to dig a well. I am in the place for the long run and think it will be more expensive/harder to do in the future. But I didnt have any water close.

@$9.00 a foot 1.5 miles would be $71,280.00 now I am really glad it didn't check. I was figuring maybe 10K, and I can get all the power I need to run light Fridge and almost anything else beside an A/C for about 2K in Solar. I have a Generator for the A/C in the summer months if needed.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                      @$9.00 a foot 1.5 miles would be $71,280.00 now I am really glad it didn't check. I was figuring maybe 10K, and I can get all the power I need to run light Fridge and almost anything else beside an A/C for about 2K in Solar. I have a Generator for the A/C in the summer months if needed.

Thanks for the info!
                      Yep, we are up on a hill and about 500 yards to the closest power line.

It was going to be something like $8,000 per pole plus the cost of running the wire.

I think we figured it was close to $60,000 but this was 5 years ago so I'm sure it has gone up.

A well is not in our future, way to much drilling involved.

Comment

awesome build, you guys in this section have some awesome skills

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          awesome build, you guys in this section have some awesome skills
                          Yep, I first clicked on this forum all excited to post my, "Ham Sandwich Build" thread, but figured out quickly I had been outdone many times over.

Comment

Very cool! Will be following along!

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

In late December we got back to it, We started to install the widow framing and uprights, everything out of 3X3. We also installed a few of the roof raters on the main house.(Pic1)

We Framed in the front Door opening and the front 5 Windows. 3 windows together in the living room and 2 in the front bedroom (Pics2&3)

I picked up 11 Brand new 2' x 6' double pain windows on Craigslist . They were left over from an apartment construction site. I got them for only $45.00 a piece.

It was so Cold that weekend and we were miserable! we decided not to get back into building mode until spring.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is awesome. I like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X