X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Stuff Glen MAN he is growing...

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      I have a question for you guys that goto a bunch of these shoots. We went to the Texas Trad shoot at Austin Archery this year. He was wondering if he had to shoot from the close stakes. I was wondering if I could just back him out to 10 -15 yards on all the shots instead of at the closest stakes? If he keeps shooting every day he will outshoot me fairly quickly I'm sure. He shot until his fingertips were swollen today.
      pm sent

Comment

That is just wonderful, I love seeing threads with the kiddos involved.

Comment

My kids love it.

Comment

Congrats to your son. Looks like he is enjoying his new bow.

Comment

Great

Comment

That is awesome, love it!!!!!

Comment

thts just awesome

Comment

What is the draw weight of your son's new bow at his draw length? Reason I ask is that I just bought my Grandson a new 58" Ron Foley recurve that is 30# @ 24" and it is just slightly too heavy for him. He is almost 9 but is pretty small for his age. He can shoot it but he can't hold it back long enough to get really still and I don't want him to develop a habit of snap shooting. He has been shooting one of the kids TBOT bows that I think is 20# or 25# and handles it much better.
                    I can't decide if I need to get him a lighter bow until he works into this one, or just let him keep working with this one until he builds up the strength to handle it.

Wayne

Comment

Wayne I have my sons old International that is a very light draw weight if you want to borrow it for a while if you dont want to get another bow. Im not sure of what its weight is but I would imagine somewhere around 30# at his length. His old bow is a take down so no problem shipping or if you ever get around Austin I can meet up with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                        What is the draw weight of your son's new bow at his draw length? Reason I ask is that I just bought my Grandson a new 58" Ron Foley recurve that is 30# @ 24" and it is just slightly too heavy for him. He is almost 9 but is pretty small for his age. He can shoot it but he can't hold it back long enough to get really still and I don't want him to develop a habit of snap shooting. He has been shooting one of the kids TBOT bows that I think is 20# or 25# and handles it much better.
                        I can't decide if I need to get him a lighter bow until he works into this one, or just let him keep working with this one until he builds up the strength to handle it.

Wayne
                        I would lighten it up asap. A bow that is even a little to much can create very far reaching problems.

Comment

Glen, thanks for the offer, but he already has a lighter weight bow that he can shoot. I think I will just have him go back to his old bow until he grows into this one. He shoots very well but I still have to work with him a lot to keep him from shooting to quickly, and his new bow is heavy enough that he has trouble holding it back long enough.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                          X