It pays to be neighborly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pays to be neighborly

Came home from work a few weeks back to see that my neighbor, who is am older, retired Air Force vet, had been t-boned in his truck and the wrecker towed it to his house and dropped it off. His truck is a lifted 2017 GMC fancy-schmancy High Country edition that sports big ole 35" all terrains.
    He had'nt many tools but was trying to take that heavy front left tire & wheel off.

I told him to just stop before he hurt himself. I went in my grarage and got my 5 ton floor jack, jack stands, and my impact.
    I got his truck up and secured and took his tire off for him and loaded in his wifes truck for him.
    He thanked me and i said no worries, if o can help, you have only to ask. I went inside, showered, ate supper and honestly forgot about the help i gave him

Fast forward to today. I get home from work and go inside. I set my stuff down and the doorbell rings. I go the door and there is my neighbor holding a new fishing pole. He gives it to me as a thanks for helping him.

He builds custom rods and has spent the last few weeks making a "special fishing rod just for me.

I know the pics arent great but it is covered with good ole red, white, and blue. Has an American flag and "Semper Fi" since I was in the Corps. Custom hash marks to measure fish at 15", 18", I believe 24" and the holy grail for trout....28". He also installed the micro eyes in an "acid wrap" ( starts of on top and gradually wraps around to the bottom of the pole)

Pretty awesome gesture on his part and I'm stoked to put it to use....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Very nice!!!

Comment

Awesome. Just caring about another person, let a lone a neighbor shows a great heart.
      Bless you for helping him and congrats on the new rod. Good Luck with it

Comment

That. Is. Awesome.

Comment

That's one fine rod...

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
            That's one fine rod...
            That’s a great new friend...

Comment

Very nice rod. You are to be commened for helping a neighbor out.

Comment

The way it should be all day everyday. Good job by both of y'all.

Comment

Congrats and good on you for helping him out. Now, I just hope Ingrid Newkirk doesn't send you a letter too......

Comment

Pretty awesome on both of ya'll

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                      That. Is. Awesome.
                      Took the words out of my mouth...

Comment

Nice rod, I have a blank, real seat/cork handle I picked up from MudHole about a month ago, going to try my hand at a couple of rods later this year, or early 2019.

Nice of you to help your neighbor as well.

Comment

Maybe its a saltwater thing but I've never seen eyes/guides that didn't line up but wrap around the rod. Is that a new thing?

Cool rod by the way, hand made stuff really shows appreciation.

Comment

Good for you AND your neighbor!

Comment

That is all kinds of awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X