X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    I guess you can say the fishing is better over here than Navarre huh? lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Way better. Since it's gotten cold, we've been on trout and reds like I've never been before. The redfish bite has been insane, literally catching 75-100 reds a trip. Craziest thing is they once the tide starts moving, the bite stops. Every cast during slack tide.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Way better. Since it's gotten cold, we've been on trout and reds like I've never been before. The redfish bite has been insane, literally catching 75-100 reds a trip. Craziest thing is they once the tide starts moving, the bite stops. Every cast during slack tide.
      Hmmm. I wonder if the moving water cools it down just enough to shut them off?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Hmmm. I wonder if the moving water cools it down just enough to shut them off?

Not sure what's going on. Took a little bit of putting the pieces together to figure it out. Incoming tide the trout are biting, slack tide, reds are going nuts. Deep water, river, ICW etc. Let lure hit bottom, work it as slow as you can stand, then work it a little slower.

Comment

Thanks for the info. fellas. We made it to Port A late this evening and will be trying our luck in the morning. Will probably try the jetty first thing in the morning and go from there. Anybody know what the normal wait time is to cross over on the ferry is? Thinking on hitting the goose island peri at some point once temps get better...
          Last edited by Pedernal; 01-17-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Ferry wait time is nil right now. If my work schedule wasn't booked all week I'd take y'all out on the boat this week. If I'd have known you were here I would have have bought y'all a beer at Treasure Island tonight.

Comment

Cool deal and good luck! Goose Island is decent, should find some black drum slots there....lot of oyster reefs in the immediate area. St Charles Bay loads up with black drum and redfish during the winter and many areas within, are mud bottom. It's a go to spot for winter kayakers wanting to fish with a break from the North winds. And both drum species prefer it during these colder months.

Comment

Tagged head n down to port a with the kayak going to fish the old airport strip maybe Ligh house and that other side of the road by light house. Any one have a yak and wants to join come on let's me know. Also any bachelors who want to give me a place to stay tonight or Fri? Would get you. A case of beer or some cash which ever just need a place to lay my head.

Comment

No luck yesterday boys, fish appear to be on winter brake it was on the brisk side with the north wind blowing pretty hard. Saw a hand full of dead (some appeared frozen) fish along the channel across from light house lake area. Going to feed them shrimp and crab again this morning to see if we can entice a bite

Small pier by the ferry, pier on the surf side next to the yetis and the pier at goose island are all closed. Bob hall pier is open and we might try that out at some point. A bunch of places are still closed after Harvey out here at Port A so plan accordingly if planning to visit the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    No luck yesterday boys, fish appear to be on winter brake it was on the brisk side with the north wind blowing pretty hard. Saw a hand full of dead (some appeared frozen) fish along the channel across from light house lake area. Going to feed them shrimp and crab again this morning to see if we can entice a bite

Small pier by the ferry, pier on the surf side next to the yetis and the pier at goose island are all closed. Bob hall pier is open and we might try that out at some point. A bunch of places are still closed after Harvey out here at Port A so plan accordingly if planning to visit the area.
                    Dang thats no good! Did you find some deep holes to fish? Warming up today, i think they will be on mud or sand flats warming up next to deep holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Dang thats no good! Did you find some deep holes to fish? Warming up today, i think they will be on mud or sand flats warming up next to deep holes.

It’s been challenging as this is only our second trip out here so the area knowledge is minimal and combined with the closures has had us scrambling trying to find deep holes.

Comment

Any word on the action in South Bay? It's usually good for reds on cold days when the sun heats up the flats.

Comment

It’s been challenging as this is only our second trip out here so the area knowledge is minimal and combined with the closures has had us scrambling trying to find deep holes.
                          Gotcha. It can be tough to find deep holes in the open. Check google maps and look for neighborhood canals, fish them all along the bulkheads usually theres a ledge before it drops off, and then also where the main canal goes into the bay work the flats on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                            Any word on the action in South Bay? It's usually good for reds on cold days when the sun heats up the flats.
                            Problem is the sun hasnt come out. , Going to be cloudy with some rain today.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              Problem is the sun hasnt come out. , Going to be cloudy with some rain today.
                              Well that sucks. That just tells me that the fish will stay deep to keep warm. Channels and drop offs are the best bet but ultimately it's gonna be slow.

Comment

Took the kayak out by the old airport in Aransas took the fish finder found them stacked up in a cannel but they would not bite. They where holding at 5_12 feet but nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X