Welding cart project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding cart project

I think I coulda knocked this out in a day or two, but with kids activities and work, it’s taken a month. Finally got ‘er done today. It ain’t perfect but it came out pretty good. Thanks to steel donations from my uncle and a very generous buddy, I think I’ve got maybe $25 into it.

Made the frame from 1” tubing (1/8 wall). Miter corners with grinding in all the right places to hide the horrible welds, LOL.

Then used 3/16” plate for the bottom and shelf. Free steel is great! And so is a buddy who lets you borrow his torch so you don’t spend $30 in cutting wheels trying to cut it (many thanks to Hogslayer78). Wheels are from Harbor Freight and axle is 5/8” all-thread. Harbor Freight casters have always worked for me, but I admit the back wheels are crap. They’ll probably get replaced one day.

Next step was to paint it Miller blue to match my Millermatic 211. Instead, I accidentally bought smurf blue, LOL.

I just couldn’t handle a color that fit better on a Miata than a welding machine, especially when it was less than a $4 fix. Added cord hooks that I made with my bender and a more appropriate paint job, and she’s ready to go!

Man that turned out great Morgan. We will have to have a beer this week when you bring the torch back. I better watch out or you gonna pass me up as good your getting

Comment

Turned out nice. Lucky you with the free steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great

Comment

I'll take it if you're willing to sell it. I need to get mine off the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
            I'll take it if you're willing to sell it. I need to get mine off the floor.

I appreciate the offer, but I don’t think I could sell it for enough to buy replacement material to make another one.

Comment

Looks great, life was a huge pain before I got mine built. The plate on the bottom worked out perfect with the tubing and those bottles!

Comment

Working...
              X