No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was gonna get out and do some scouting this week but life got in the way. All this talk about high deer traffic has me itching to get back on hood. Oh well maybe next set of days off.

Comment

I have some free items for the taking 3 d target some turkey decoys and some and some other stuff first person to show up at the house today gets it. 51748-4 hopi st on post.

Comment

Arrow saw FS

I am selling my arrow saw it's a 5 or 6000 rpm arrow saw first 60 in my hand takes it. I really can't be waiting for someone to come up with funds so soon as money is in hand it's theres.

Comment

VA Mess

Just need to vent.

My first experience with the VA was in the early 80's. They were underfunded then. The VA hosp in San Diego was using gallon milk jugs filled with water for weights. Why the under funding? Probably because of Vietnam. Vets then weren't "heros" they were dirt bag slobs. Not complaining, and thankful for what we are getting as a result of what the new guys gave. It's just that once the VA was underfunded it takes a massive change in the public's perception to make any change. Shinseki wasn't the problem, Obama (as much as I hate to admit it) wasn't the problem, the problem was the American public. The good news is the public has changed as has their opinion.

Some of that probably doesn't make sense, but thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
            Just need to vent.

My first experience with the VA was in the early 80's. They were underfunded then. The VA hosp in San Diego was using gallon milk jugs filled with water for weights. Why the under funding? Probably because of Vietnam. Vets then weren't "heros" they were dirt bag slobs. Not complaining, and thankful for what we are getting as a result of what the new guys gave. It's just that once the VA was underfunded it takes a massive change in the public's perception to make any change. Shinseki wasn't the problem, Obama (as much as I hate to admit it) wasn't the problem, the problem was the American public. The good news is the public has changed as has their opinion.

Some of that probably doesn't make sense, but thanks for listening.
            Always good listening to a wise man

Comment

No one needs a cutoff saw drop to 50 it has to go

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen the post of Debbie Mattuchi's (DeadEyeDeb) passing. We will be out at the Hogboy Hilton this weekend if anyone wishes to come out to share the eternal campfire and celebrate the wonderful love and caring that Deb has blessed us with.

BenBen

Comment

New to Texas

How's it going everyone? I will be arriving in Texas for my next duty assignment in the Fort Hood area and decided I needed to try and network to know what I am to look forward too. Thank God I will be able to Hunt and Fish again because I have been in Europe for 5 years. It is very expensive over here to hunt and just wasn't probable for me. I hunt anything including deer, turkey, rabbit, migratory birds and inland game as well. I have never tried hog hunting but I am sure it would only take me once or twice to get hooked. I love fishing too, from fishing to catch anything to actually going out and targeting a certain species. I am not looking for someone to show me all their honey holes but just someone that might take me out once or twice or even just point me in the right direction and give me some tips about Texas Hunting. I am originally from Tennessee so any hunting or fishing, I am sure, is going to be completely different from anything I am used to. I will not have any guns or equipment immediately getting there but hopefully within a few months I can make a trip to TN and drive all of my stuff down. I am scheduled to get there the last week of July so hopefully I will be ready to go by deer season at least.

Comment

Originally posted by LivetoHunt89 View Post
                    How's it going everyone? I will be arriving in Texas for my next duty assignment in the Fort Hood area and decided I needed to try and network to know what I am to look forward too. Thank God I will be able to Hunt and Fish again because I have been in Europe for 5 years. It is very expensive over here to hunt and just wasn't probable for me. I hunt anything including deer, turkey, rabbit, migratory birds and inland game as well. I have never tried hog hunting but I am sure it would only take me once or twice to get hooked. I love fishing too, from fishing to catch anything to actually going out and targeting a certain species. I am not looking for someone to show me all their honey holes but just someone that might take me out once or twice or even just point me in the right direction and give me some tips about Texas Hunting. I am originally from Tennessee so any hunting or fishing, I am sure, is going to be completely different from anything I am used to. I will not have any guns or equipment immediately getting there but hopefully within a few months I can make a trip to TN and drive all of my stuff down. I am scheduled to get there the last week of July so hopefully I will be ready to go by deer season at least.
                    Welcome to the Great place stop on by the sportsmans canter befor you go afield will save you some time in dealing with the fort hood game warden welcome crew

Comment

Yeah those Ft HOOD Game wardens CAN BE a lovely bunch to deal with if'n ur stuff aint straight!! LOL

Comment

Exactly why i stopped hunting there. Its a guarantee that within 15 minutes of checking in, there would be at least 1 GW show up to check my paperwork. I would honestly just wait by the road for them to show up and then humbly ask permission to go about my business once my 4th amendment rights had been thrown out the door. Didnt sit too well with me, never hunt on base again.

Comment

I know they renumbered the areas but is the boundary in 104 and 105 the same but with new numbers?

Comment

The boundaries and TA #'s are still the same until your post hunting permit expires.

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                              I know they renumbered the areas but is the boundary in 104 and 105 the same but with new numbers?
                              104 and 105 will stay the same the n east will change so will west fort and n fort

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X