Free Range Blackbuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Range Blackbuck

Any idea of somewhere I could hunt free range Blackbuck? I live in Indiana and I have talked my wife into a Texas vacation next year I would love to be able to hunt some free range blackbuck for a couple days while I am there.

For the record, I have no problems with HF blackbuck but I know this is a good chance to hunt some free range since I dont ever make it to Texas.

Thanks

The problem isn't finding free ranging BB. It's finding land to hunt on. Texas is just about all private land. You could enter into the TP&W drawings for exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
      The problem isn't finding free ranging BB. It's finding land to hunt on. Texas is just about all private land. You could enter into the TP&W drawings for exotics.
      Just asking. Can you enter draw hunts if you live out of state?

Comment

Are there any outfitters that offer free range bb hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by ChadMR82 View Post
          I've never heard of any, but that doesn't mean they're not available.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Low fence or high fence doesn't really matter when talking about blackbuck. They usually will not get out of either.

Comment

Might look into any ranch, outfitter that has ground within the original or around the original YO Ranch.

Rwc

Comment

Blackbuck

Originally posted by hlansford View Post
                  Low fence or high fence doesn't really matter when talking about blackbuck. They usually will not get out of either.
                  I would not mind a bb HF hunt where the animals have always lived there. In the midwest where I live it is more of a put and take hunt for bb. I arrived at one place in TN one evening a little early and headed out. I walked around for 3 hours and did not see a bb. I told the guides that I did not see a bb and they said, "They will be out in the morning. There are not any out there right now." The next morning a brown bb with about 14 inch horns was parading around the pasture. I tried to overlook the truck and trailer tracks near the gate but I could not do it. I instead opted for a nice corsican which I knew had been on the property for a while.

Comment

It is not a free range hunt, but you might want to check out Extreme Bow Hunting in Bracketville. I hunted with them in Dec and took a nice BB. We seen several and other nice exotics. I am sure that they do add animals, but there are born on the ranch animals too. It was a great hunt and is semi DIY. Made for a great trip and it was very affordable. I think they still have some specials going. Our 2 day hunt was $700 with a Exotic a couple hogs and a BB or Axis doe for one price. We took a BB a Texas Dall a BB doe and an Axis Doe. The hogs were there, but they gave us the slip time after time.

Comment

The Baker 3 ranch is your best bet...

All Bow Hunts are full for 2023 Message to our Hunters Attention Hunters PLEASE DO NOT USE GPS TO GET TO THE BAKER

Comment

BB's generally won't jump a low fence so it shouldn't make a difference if its a reputable HF outfit.

Comment

Google Mulie Mike...he outfits free range hunts for axis, elk, blackbuck, sheep, etc.

He is good people and will get you on what you want.

Comment

I would not mind a bb HF hunt where the animals have always lived there. In the midwest where I live it is more of a put and take hunt for bb. I arrived at one place in TN one evening a little early and headed out. I walked around for 3 hours and did not see a bb. I told the guides that I did not see a bb and they said, "They will be out in the morning. There are not any out there right now." The next morning a brown bb with about 14 inch horns was parading around the pasture. I tried to overlook the truck and trailer tracks near the gate but I could not do it. I instead opted for a nice corsican which I knew had been on the property for a while.
                            Is that because the ones recently brought in are dumber, and easier to hunt than the ones that have been on the ranch a while?

Just about every ranch in Texas brings in animals, unless it's someplace huge, like the YO.

Comment

Another vote for baker ranch

Comment

Working...
                              X