Dodge Ram Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge Ram Tire Question

Have a stock 2016 Ram 4x4 and am needing new tires. I have 275/55/20 on it which came with it from the dealer.. From what I read, that's a 33" tall tire. I would like to go up a little to a 34". Would that fit without rubbing or would I have to do some trimming?

1/2 ton or 3/4? I have 295/70/18's which are are a little more than 34" and they dont rub on stock suspension. I have a 3/4 ton though.

Comment

1/2 ton

Comment

Front level kit and 35's fit fine. Cheap too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

And buy Nitto Ridge Grapplers. You won't be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
            And buy Nitto Ridge Grapplers. You won't be sorry.

This also. Running them on my 2500 and love them!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
              1/2 ton
              You can run 275/65r20 with stock suspension, but they are E load rated and therefore pretty stiff.

You can also run 305/55r20 with stock suspension, depending on which brand you pick. These are 12" wide and will be very close to rubbing the upper a-arm. Some brands will not fit, because of this.

Keep in mind that both of these options will be heavier than your stock tires, and reduce fuel milage.

My preference is to go with 275/60r20 in an aggressive tread. My current Ram 1500 wears Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 275/60r20, with a small lift. It goes everywhere I ask it to, and looks good to me.
              Last edited by LakeJake; 05-23-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                Have a stock 2016 Ram 4x4 and am needing new tires. I have 275/55/20 on it which came with it from the dealer.. From what I read, that's a 33" tall tire. I would like to go up a little to a 34". Would that fit without rubbing or would I have to do some trimming?

it's only 30.8",,, you need closer to a 295/ 305

Comment

275/55/20 calculates to a 31.8" tire. 275/60/20 would be 33", which should have been the stock tire size.

Comment

I'm running 275/65R20 Nittos on my 1/2 ton Ram Stock rims they fit fine with no rubbing anywhere.Yes they are E rated but I didn't really notice much difference in the ride quality.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      it's only 30.8",,, you need closer to a 295/ 305
                      Yes I was looking at 305/60/20

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                        275/55/20 calculates to a 31.8" tire. 275/60/20 would be 33", which should have been the stock tire size.
                        My bad. It is a 275/60/20 that’s on there now. Don’t know why I typed 55

Comment

Working...
                        X