Thinking about cedars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about cedars

I am thinking about giving some cedars a try out of the Sarrels. Since I have never shot/built these would I be better off getting a "test" kit from 3 Rivers along with a taper tool and some various weight glue-on points? I didn't know if the cedars are as finicky as carbon and maybe you guys with more experience could tell me a good starting weight. My longbow is 58# @ 29" which puts it between 53 and 55 lbs. at my draw length. Any help is appreciated.

I shoot a 58# at 29'' and shoot 65-70 spined,I leave them full length.I shoot 125gr. up front.I would think you could shoot 60-65 spined.Sarrels bows are pretty center shot,I would try to start there,see if you can find somebody close to ya or call 3 rivers or The nocking point and talk to them.

Comment

my bow is 58 #s at 28" & i shoot 55-60 splined arrows & get perfect flight but you do always want to shoot a little heavier than your actual draw in my experience. by the way there is just something about wooden arrows. something magical(without sounding to corny)

Comment

I shoot a 50# @ 29" LB, 30" BOP I've found that 65-70 fly great with 150 gr heads. There aint nothing as finicky as carbons lol

Comment

I've acquired 3 dozen in all from a local here in Ft Worth. I shoot 50# @ 28" 50/55 and my last set were tapered shafts and they fly better than the other 2 dozen cause you get around the shelf better
          Be prepaed to get yourself an arra straightener like the ACE AROW STRAIGHTENER cause they will bend over a period due to shooting and pulling from targets if not careful..not hard to straighten though

Comment

Working...
          X