No announcement yet.

Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to all you guys in Menard. Great time of year.

Comment

Didn’t hear but two shots this morning, slow for us too. This afternoon was much better for deer movement although still no shooters.

Comment

I haven’t heard a ton of shots but I’m pretty far off any roads. I’ll shot two good size boars with my rifle. We have killed two more pigs and a doe. One of the lease members stuck a great 10, but unfortunately does not appear to be a lethal hit. We are seeing a ton of deer.

I’m here till Monday afternoon so I have a few more sits.

Comment

Menard 2020-2021 Season

Grandson 1st. Deer big o smile on his face and mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
            Grandson 1st. Deer big o smile on his face and mine!

Heck yeah! Congrats little man!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your grandson Tony!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                Congrats to your grandson Tony!

Thanks Donny

Comment

Tell him congrats, love seeing those young’uns getting it done!

Comment

When is the Rut usually happening(2nd year in Menard)?

I've got some PTO left to use and really want to use it during the rut.

I'll have 20 days off in December when I do use it so i want to plan it accordingly.

Thanks

Comment

The peak of rut when the mature bucks are chasing does has been the week of Thanksgiving in my experience. I take off and we hunt that whole week every year.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                        The peak of rut when the mature bucks are chasing does has been the week of Thanksgiving in my experience. I take off and we hunt that whole week every year.
                        Thanks. I'll be working that week and since it will be Thanksgiving I can't take off per company policy.
                        Dec 4th was when I was planning on going.

Comment

Not seeing the mature bucks rutting at all which is normal. I think if we get a little rain or change in the weather, should see activity pick up before Thanksgiving. Does are slower about cycling this year because of poorer body condition due to dry conditions over the summer and so far this fall. We didn't have many acorns to fatten them up like most years.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Menard Buck

At 70 I finally got my first bow kill. Our lease is on the old Whitehead Ranch between Menard and Eden. Buck was 10 point with a very heavy body and 17” inch spread. Check out the length of his brow tines.

Last edited by brush_buster; 11-14-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brush_buster View Post
                              At 70 I finally got my first bow kill. Our lease is on the old Whitehead Ranch between Menard and Eden. Buck was 10 point with a very heavy body and 17” inch spread. Check out the length of his brow tines.

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by brush_buster View Post

Congrats on the buck! I can’t see the pic on my phone, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X