No announcement yet.

Anyone own a gas station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a business owner who was making 250K a year that quit his day job and opened a large Convince Store that sold gas in Galveston............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      I know a business owner who was making 250K a year that quit his day job and opened a large Convince Store that sold gas in Galveston............
      So he was convinced he could make money!

Comment

Having an uncle with a business he only “rented” the equipment from a supply company. He made around 3-4¢ per gallon. They installed the tanks/pumps/metering systems. All we done was call in the tank soundings/ pump meters of an evening to let them know of an issue/consumption. It was merely a convenience to get people into the store. His money was made in the deli/custom meat dept.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          You can make money for sure, but it's not necessarily the gas that makes the money.
          It’s the “convenience” that makes the money. If you can sell beer, you could sell the gas at cost. My son’s girlfriend runs one, and help is definitely a problem. It’s a constant parade of employees, but I figure a guy could fix that by paying a little more than average. If I weren’t so old, I’d open a good one in Troup and put these other two out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Another way to word your question is.....Are any of you guys pakastani?

Straight German [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fuel margins the last several years are much better than they were a decade ago.

Stores can make very good profits on fuel these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                The TCEQ website will give you a list of licensed tank companies. Anyone who works on ust's is regulated/licensed by them.

Will check into that. Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                  You might try this company located here in Victoria. I am not sure how big of an area they cover and if they do inspections. But from my understanding, they do maintenance on a lot of pumps in the area. I will PM you the name of a gentleman I know that works there. But I am not really sure of his position. http://www.petroleumsolutionsinc.com/

Ok your pm makes a lot more sense now. I should have checked this first. Thank you sir.

Comment

Anyone own a gas station?

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    It seems like some people on here are always so negative and “worrisome” about all the what-ifs/doom & gloom that it would potentially detour anyone from ever doing anything that actually involves risk......like being successful. Everything can be accomplished and overcame one step at a time. The guy said his tanks don’t leak.....drop it.

I live in a town of 26,000+ people. There are countless gas stations. They are all owned by 1-2 families. Guess what.....they are some of the wealthiest people in this town. They have since started buying/building hotels here. Anyone who says you can’t make money at it just isn’t good at business.

Yessir. We’re cautious, but calculated, at the end of the day you gotta take a chance to get ahead. If it didn’t require risk everyone would do it I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                      Nope! Didn't know "gas stations" were a thing anymore! All I see are convenience store with self-serve pumps.
                      Well, that doesn’t sound very convenient.

Comment

If his doesn’t pull up, go to Dept of Ag, regulatory programs, weights and measures, forms/publications (on the right side), and click on “list of registered service companies”. You will need to sort by the far right
                        Column and want Class 5 and Class 6 licenses companies. These are the liquid measuring decice service companies.

Likensaid above, you will need to register devices with W&M and when you get your registration paperwork, have your paperwork posted in plain sight for customers and your “Complaint Stickers” on all your devices.

Don’t be a cheap *** either and go with some joe blow service company. Get someone reputable so they make sure your pumps are compliant and meet regs and don’t just lick and stick and TDA sticks it to you on an out of compliance inspection.

Comment

Working...
                        X