lake tawakoni wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lake tawakoni wma

Has anyone hunted/scouted here? Ive come across some mixed reviews on this place. Some say there are some really nice bucks to be had and others say nothing more than pigs. Ive also heard its got a rough crowd and they like to break into your stuff. Its the closest area that bow only to me and its still a 2hr drive for me.

You mean there is deer there wow!

Comment

There are good bucks there, but good luck getting a shot during day light. The locals are a pretty bad crowd. There is usually several stolen vehicles a year that turn up out there.

Comment

Stay away! I've duck hunted some of the other public land on tawakoni. And it's funny I ran across this...I talked to my grandfather-in law today...he was born and raised in quinlan-boles area. He said STAY AWAY. Lol. i'd take my chances somewhere else.

Comment

I am 100% positive that there are MANY other options for public land hunting with just a 2 hour drive for you.
          Cooper, White Oak, Sabine Bottom, Caddo Grasslands, Caddo WMA, Aquilla, a multitude of state parks that have hunts, COA property by the thousands of acres.
          The internet is your friend.

Comment

I agree the few that hunt the pawnee area are good guys and the pawnee area is the only one i hunt no problems there yet.But the others i scouted forget it no way no how, junk everwhere.

Comment

Thanks guys i appreciate it. I live in gainesville. If theres something else closer that yall know of hit me up.

Comment

Man, you can hunt the bottoms around boles for free an there are are lots if deer there but i have hunted deer on all types of public land in texas and its tough. It takes time an.scouting

Comment

Working...
                X