Wader recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wader recommendations

I was invited to go duck huntin and was told I need waders. I aint never owned or even wore waders. What should I look for? What should I avoid? Is there a difference in huntin and fishin waders?

How much do you want to spend? Would you use them for fishing if you had them?

If you will never use them again you might be better off borrowing a pair as opposed to buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
      I was invited to go duck huntin and was told I need waders. I aint never owned or even wore waders. What should I look for? What should I avoid? Is there a difference in huntin and fishin waders?
      Go to cabelas and get their 5mm waders. From the sounds of it you don't need anything too fancy since you wont be using them much. Look for probably 800 grams of thinsulate in the boot. You'll know hunting waders from fishing waders once you start looking at them. Might be able to find a pair of academy brand also.

Comment

Cabelas 5mm.

Comment

I used to not be a fan of the drake waders, but the way the redesigned them I love the new ones, they are comfortable.

Could not ever get the banded to fit me right, either to small or got the stout and could fit 2 of me in them.

the game winners weren't bad for the price.

Comment

cabelas brand, if they leak you just return them no matter how old they are

Comment

the 2 I would suggest are just some Cabelas brand waders, either neoprene for cold weather or breathable for mild, or a pair of Gator waders. Cabelas brand seems to be the best bang for the buck but Gator waders will probably last a lot longer.

Comment

Them 5mm jobs are some heavy SOBs. Breathable for me or 3.5mm once we get close to freezing. I've had banded, lacrosse, hodgman, and cabelas. Usually get 2 seasons out of a pair with heavy use. I had the banded last year and after 6 hunts they leaked, by end of the season the seams were all shot, $300 junk. This year academy had some stocking foot breathables for $25 on clearance. They've held up as good or better as the other $$$ ones.

Comment

Working...
                X