Guess it was too good to be true!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess it was too good to be true!!!

Most y’all remember me posting about a lease I got on here by my house last year. It was 40acres (pretty much all coastal field, with Lampasas river as our boundary. Well it was a good place, saw lots of deer and pigs, kids both shot nice bucks, and we had a few real nice ones on camera. We payed $400 a person for year round access and there were two of us hunting.
    Well this year I get ready to go pay the land owner and he tells me the price has changed. He wants $1,500 a gun and wants to put 3 guns on it. He tells me this two weeks ago!!
    I just built a big pen around my blind and feeder area this summer, and fed corn and minerals, and alfalfa pellets all summer.
    Maybe with two guns I might have stayed on one more year , just due to all the work and feed I’ve put into it. But three guns just killed it for me.
    This really is a kick in the nether regions cause now I went from a place to take the kids and was inviting a couple TBH’rs out here to having nowhere to go.
    Just had to vent, and say to y’all , be lucky for the land you have to hunt, and make every hunt count, cause it could all be gone tomorrow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20$ an acre was too much....$100 an acre is insane.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

That sucks. Sounds like somebody told him he was charging way too little. I would be pretty upset.

And that is exactly why i am looking for my own place

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
        20$ an acre was too much....$100 an acre is insane.

.....and God Bless America.

I didn’t mind the $20 an acre cause it was 8 mins from the house and had lots of deer.
        $100 an acre is retarded and 3 guys on 40 acres Is really retarded

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          I didn’t mind the $20 an acre cause it was 8 mins from the house and had lots of deer.
          $100 an acre is retarded and 3 guys on 40 acres Is really retarded

Does he have any other hunters?

If not, tell him you are going to pull ALL your stuff off and need 2 weeks to get it all moved. With any luck you can make a deal.. Say something like "How about we pay double what we paid last year?" And even if he settles on triple but with 2 guys you may be ok.

Make sure you hint very lightly he may make zero if you leave..That's if he doesn't have some retards wanting to pay 1,500 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Does he have any other hunters?

If not, tell him you are going to pull ALL your stuff off and need 2 weeks to get it all moved. With any luck you can make a deal.. Say something like "How about we pay double what we paid last year?" And even if he settles on triple but with 2 guys you may be ok.

Make sure you hint very lightly he may make zero if you leave..That's if he doesn't have some retards wanting to pay 1,500 LOL

He supposedly has guys that will pay it.

Comment

Someone will pay it unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                He supposedly has guys that will pay it.

I'd do as mentioned above and call his bluff.what do you have to lose?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                  Gotta pay to play.

Comment

That stinks, especially this late in the game.

Comment

I would make sure you get all your stuff off before telling him you were getting off. Over $100/acre, wow, some people are just greedy. And some are dumb for paying that (assuming he’s telling the truth about someone else paying that)

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                        agreed....he'll get it...

Sounds like someone was in the LO's ear regarding the ridiculous amount he could charge...

and if he gets the wrong group of guys on his place, he'll regret chasing those dollars...

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          I would make sure you get all your stuff off before telling him you were getting off. Over $100/acre, wow, some people are just greedy. And some are dumb for paying that (assuming he’s telling the truth about someone else paying that)
                          Agreed...he may be of mind to say...your stuff is now my stuff. Get your things outta there and then tell him not thanx.

Comment

That is a sh@tty deal....too expensive and 3 guns on just 40 acres? They'll be sitting on each others laps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                              That is a sh@tty deal....too expensive and 3 guns on just 40 acres? They'll be sitting on each others laps!!!
                              Mostly coastal.... they can wave to each other

Comment

Working...
                              X