Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaming' .....

We all have goals, plans and dreams.

One of mine is to own a exotic / whitetail ranch, in the Hill country.

Animals would be Axis, Black Buck, possible Aoudad, whitetail.

My goal of this is not necessarily to run a "business" per say, but rather to give back. Thinking of like veteran hunts / youth hunts, etc.

So, I have several questions to other dreamers, and those who actually own / run a ranch. Just trying to get things in perspective.

Understanding that the lay of this hypothetical gives a lot to be determined.
    Saying this ranch is 1000 acres ....

I'll have a barndo house for family and a separate one that could host groups of 12-14.

Firepit for grilling' of course.

How many protein feeders would you have? Brand you recommend?
    How many corn feeders would you have? Brand you recommend?
    Would you try to create water troughs?
    What would be specific in your design of the Cleaning Station?
    What size "Walk in Freezer"? Brand?

What are your other thoughts?

Start with about 3 million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Start with about 3 million dollars.
      Hill country. I’d say 4 million to start

Comment

Agreed ... and .....

Comment

High fence it but seriously I would have a big pond on it with Lilly pads. Make some sort of duck hole on it and do what ever it takes to get it loaded with rio’s I could care less about the accommodations. First plan would be to maximize game potential if any funds are left then all that sounds good.
          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 08-24-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Make sure to get yourself a pair of rockin chairs that face the west and take some time to enjoy the sunset everyday with a glass of tea or a beer. With that much acreage your always gonna have a never ending list of "to do's". Take the time to actually ENJOY your piece of TEXAS HEAVEN.

Comment

No one else has comments? Doesn't anyone else dream of having a ranch?

Comment

My dream has dwindled to about 25-40 acres!! Hope to have a place to winter in Texas and one near the mountains in Montana for summer.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                  I have dreamt of it so long, and worked so hard to realize it, resulting in nothing but abject failure in making any legitimate inroads towards fulfilling it, that the very thought of it brings deep sadness. Sometimes a dream is a curse.

I think bitterness describes my feelings pretty well.

Comment

I try and keep my dreams. In the realm of reality
                    Say, 40ac instead of 11
                    But, if by chance one of my 2-3 lotto tickets per year actually pays off I'm dedicating 2mil for central tx place and 2 mil for an east tx place. The fence will be low the guest will be plenty

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      I have dreamt of it so long, and worked so hard to realize it, resulting in nothing but abject failure in making any legitimate inroads towards fulfilling it, that the very thought of it brings deep sadness. Sometimes a dream is a curse.

Spot on for me as well..

Good luck OP.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        Spot on for me as well..

Good luck OP.
                        I'm sorry to hear that your dreams have faded.

For me, they kindle a fire deep inside, that is one of my motivational drives. I will not stop until I have achieved it.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

I have the same exact feelings. Iam getting to old to even have "dreams" anymore.

Comment

Well when you are ready to buy a place, give me a shout!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that your dreams have faded.

For me, they kindle a fire deep inside, that is one of my motivational drives. I will not stop until I have achieved it.
                              Or die of old age. Which is about 1000 times more likely.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X