South Dakota MD Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Dakota MD Hunting

Anyone been or have any experience/outfitter recommendations? For some reason after reading about the OTC tags and sizes of the MD, I’ve become very interested!

G.

Bump ?

Comment

MD?

Comment

Mule deer

Comment

Heading up next year, West River OTC archery. Actually its not technically over the counter, but you will get a tag if you apply. Plenty on public ground, and the SD Fish and game website has an excellent hunting atlas showing areas open to hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
            MD?

Duh, Now it makes sense. I’m planning on going next year for wt or md archery. Bought a preference point this year for better chances on drawing rifle tag in the next year or 2 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went in 2006. There we 4 of us using traditional archery gear. We camped in the Black Hills. We saw more whitetails than mule deer in the area we picked. I did see my first ever mountain lion track in the snow walking out one evening. It was September, but already snowed at that elevation. I did not fill a tag but I did pass on a small mule deer buck and I missed a giant whitetail 10pt on the last night.

I have a LOT of pictures, but for some reason these are the only ones on imgur right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                Heading up next year, West River OTC archery. Actually its not technically over the counter, but you will get a tag if you apply. Plenty on public ground, and the SD Fish and game website has an excellent hunting atlas showing areas open to hunting.
                Following - how did you find or choose this outfitter?

Comment

C&D Outfitters
                  Cody Weyer
                  One of the best hunts I've ever been on and I was just the videographer.

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
                    C&D Outfitters
                    Cody Weyer
                    One of the best hunts I've ever been on and I was just the videographer.
                    Thanks for sharing - I’ll PM for more info and advice.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                      Following - how did you find or choose this outfitter?
                      No outfitter...going 100% DIY. SD is divided in two sections by the Missouri River, so you'll see them referred to East River or West River a lot. Mule deer and most of the public land are in the West River units.
                      Last edited by Montec man; 08-23-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Andy Coulter is a good man.

Comment

Working...
                        X