South Padre fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Padre fishing

Anyone ever fished out of south Padre? It’ll most likely be me and my 19 year old twin daughters, wife can’t handle a rocking boat. In for bay or deep sea. Whats best this time of year? Will be here until Thursday the 16th.

Several years ago I took my family with this guy.
    He was perfect with my wife and older
    kids
    Chuck Fultz. “White ankle charters”.

Comment

You've got to call Clayton Mock. I was down there a month ago and we (my 12yo son and I) caught a ton of fish with him. Fished with him 2 days in a row. He was great with my son and has a ton of patience. I also fished with him 4 years ago and we hammered the fish. He'll put you on some fish. He's been posting pics lately and he's still catching them. Tell him I gave you his number.

Last edited by BJ DUPLECHAIN; 08-12-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Here's a couple 20 inch trout.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds great thanks!

Comment

x2 for captain mock. class act guy

Comment

Vere Wells

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                Vere Wells
                I have fished with captain Wells and we caught fish. Captain wells is old school and does not have electronics on his boat yet knows the water very well. My only complaint was he smoked a lot of cigarettes and was kind of salty. When I first read the post I thought your daughters were 9. If your ok with being around smoke sprain wells will put you on fish as well. He does not have a website and only answers his home calls as he still uses flip phone.

Comment

Definitely old school!

Comment

If you have your own boat try working the spoils along the ICW, and drift back to the north of the causeway about half way between the ICW and the island.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Bay or deep

Comment

I've known Vere Wells and Skipper Mock for over 30 years. You can't go wrong with either. Clayton is a nephew of skipper I think. Deep sea, try Breakaway cruises.

Comment

Working...
                          X