Upgrading Strings & Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently bought a great used bow as a backup bow and I’m thinking about upgrading strings and cables (in addition to mods). That said, I have a few questions...

1. Is there a noticeable difference in performance when you upgrade strings/cables (assuming my current ones are in “good” condition)?

2. Is there a brand/manufacturer that you would recommend?

3. I’m a rookie when it comes to measurements, types, components, etc. Is this something my local bow shop can help me with? Can they tell me what I’ll need?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes. Very much so.
    2. I am a fan of Stone Mountain strings. You will probably get a million different replies for this one.
    3. Any reputable shop should be able to answer your questions about what you might need to get everything set up the way you want it. You can also look up the information yourself at the manufacturers web site so you have some idea what you need going in. Might even be able to find used parts you need if you know what you are looking for.

Comment

1. In terms of initial performance no, but the long term gains are worth it. Better stability will keep tuning gremlins at bay and keep you shooting. Custom builds just get more attention to detail than mass produced threads.
      2. Brad @ 60x is my man, I’ve been shooting his stuff for several years and I love them. High quality builds using only the best compounds out there today.
      3. All Brad needs is the make/model/year of the bow and he will take care of the rest. My favorite compound out there right now is BCY-X. Great stability, wear and speed with a soft shot.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Definitely. Peep rotation, bow speed (over time), and accuracy are all affected.

2. There are a few good ones. My next set will be from bowstring depot on the recommendation of a few good friends.

3. If you walk into a shop and they won't help you find those answers, walk out. If there is nobody to help, PM me and I will.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          1. In terms of initial performance no, but the long term gains are worth it. Better stability will keep tuning gremlins at bay and keep you shooting. Custom builds just get more attention to detail than mass produced threads.
          2. Brad @ 60x is my man, I’ve been shooting his stuff for several years and I love them. High quality builds using only the best compounds out there today.
          3. All Brad needs is the make/model/year of the bow and he will take care of the rest. My favorite compound out there right now is BCY-X. Great stability, wear and speed with a soft shot.
          I second this! If you just want to know measurements you check the bow manufacturers website for string/cable tables that will give you lengths.

Comment

1. Should be minimal ( provided everything is tuned properly to start with )

2.60X site sponser and good at what they do

3. Get string and cable length from sticker on the limb and they match it.. then take it to your local shop to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              I recently bought a great used bow as a backup bow and I’m thinking about upgrading strings and cables (in addition to mods). That said, I have a few questions...

1. Is there a noticeable difference in performance when you upgrade strings/cables (assuming my current ones are in “good” condition)?

2. Is there a brand/manufacturer that you would recommend?

3. I’m a rookie when it comes to measurements, types, components, etc. Is this something my local bow shop can help me with? Can they tell me what I’ll need?

Thanks in advance!
              1. Yes

2 and 3. Kyle at CCR built the strings on my primary bow. My recommendation would be to take the bow to CCR, pick out the color you want, leave the bow there and have Kyle build and install them.

Comment

Bring it to me.(CCR) I’ll have Kyle make you a custom string straight from jig to bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Bring it to me.(CCR) I’ll have Kyle make you a custom string straight from jig to bow.
                  Beat you to it

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                    Beat you to it
                    Lol. Thanks Jen. I totally missed it.

Comment

Done! Do you have mods for an Elite Energy 32? I need to take it from 28.5 to 30ish.

Comment

Probably

Comment

Probably
                          Good deal. I may try and get out there tomorrow.

Comment

Leave it with Willie and tell him Jeff said to take care of ya.

Comment

Leave it with Willie and tell him Jeff said to take care of ya.
                              Will do. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X