Best way to communicate w/o cellular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to communicate w/o cellular?

Is there a good way, maybe an app, that I can use to communicate while out in the field? We don’t have cell service in several place on our lease. Don’t want to use radios. Thanks

Yelling?

Comment

I noticed your in Menard also, AT&T has the best coverage in that area. My brother has Verizon and rarely has service. You could also try a signal booster but there is no app that will help you if you don't have a signal.

Comment

If there was an app, you are going to need service to use it between yall. That how phones communicate.

I bought a 12V cell booster for my box blinds for places where the cell service is poor. Works like a champ.

Comment

Jason is this booster portable? What do they usually run price wise if you don't mind me asking.?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            If there was an app, you are going to need service to use it between yall. That how phones communicate.

I bought a 12V cell booster for my box blinds for places where the cell service is poor. Works like a champ.
            Which one? Does the carrier matter? I have Sprint now and service sux!

Comment

We used handheld vhf up in leaky area.

Comment

We use gotenna. It's a small device your phone connects to via Bluetooth and converts the the signal to VHF. Only able to text though no voice calls.

Inexpensive, lightweight, off-grid connectivity with an easy-to-use interface for long-range communications up to 126 miles point-to-point.

Comment

Might give the zello app with head phones a try. It's a push to talk app like walkie talkies.

Comment

Carrier pigeon

Comment

Ya'll would make terrible Indians

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Ya'll would make terrible Indians
                        Just bend a small tree to point the right way...

Comment

Well smoke signals mite get you scalped also

Comment

Guess I'm old school. I leave my phone in the truck when I'm hunting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

wifi hotspot with a carrier that works in your area

Comment

Working...
                              X