jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    One suit is all you need. It's for marryin and buryin.
    I have two I fluctuate a lot in between events.

Comment

I have one, it fit me forty pounds ago.

Gary
      Last edited by DRT; 11-12-2018, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
        It doesn't matter. Your there to show respect not walk the red carpet. My dad only wears overalls. He will put on his nicest pair to wear to funerals.
        My buddy's dad was buried in a pair. I respected him as much as I have any man.

Gary

Comment

starched jeans are never acceptable anywhere.

Comment

Wear what you want.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              If not I would never go. Don't have a suit.
              Man i'm with you....

Comment

Originally posted by rdstrong3 View Post
                What do you think the person that died would expect. That’s all that matters. Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                  I wear jeans to church all the time, however when it comes to a funeral I am wearing a suit and tie....that's just me though....I don't judge someone if they come to the funeral in jeans. The important thing is they are there.
                  This.
                  I want zero part in younger generations trending down the dress code. There are reasons people dress up for funerals, weddings, church etc.

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                  A funeral is not about you. It is about respecting the one who passed and their family. If jeans show that respect so be it, if not - suit up.

Just think when someone you love dies. You may sit behind the keyboard and claim you do not care what they wear but deep inside you would want everyone to care enough to dress up and show respect.

And keep in mind when you say it doesn't matter what someone wears this may be taken literally sooner or later. I sure don't want people showing up at a loved ones funeral in shorts and talking about heading to the lake when it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Just think when someone you love dies. You may sit behind the keyboard and claim you do not care what they wear but deep inside you would want everyone to care enough to dress up and show respect.

And keep in mind when you say it doesn't matter what someone wears this may be taken literally sooner or later. I sure don't want people showing up at a loved ones funeral in shorts and talking about heading to the lake when it's over.
                    I have honestly never cared what someone has worn to a funeral, whether it be a loved one or not. If they are there showing respect, that is enough for me. I think the shorts and lake talk example is an extreme. But I know what you are saying. Society has devolved so gradually that we turn around and say " when this this happen?". Hell suit guy could be talking about the lake for all we know. That reflects on that individual alone.

Comment

Nice jeans and you are ready to go! When i die if you show up at my funeral in a suit I'm gonna haunt you! Lol!

Comment

I say wear your best whatever that may be. If that happens to be jeans then so be it.
                        As others have said, you being there is what counts.

Comment

Only time I would ever think about wearing anything but, boots and nice jeans. If it was asked of me by a family member. But I wear jeans to them all, the little I have been too.

Comment

I can promise you I won't care what you wear to my funeral!

Gary

Comment

If you already own a suit, wear it. If you don't, wear the nicest thing you own.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                                If you already own a suit, wear it. If you don't, wear the nicest thing you own.
                                But everyone should own a suit. I don't like them either, but it is there when I need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X