Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas credit card change to Capital One...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Only grandmas use checks!!

Don’t make me hit you with my cane sonny.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
      I told you I have old fart habits.
      Testify!

Comment

WHen they made the switch my rate went up so I paid the card off at that time for the amount due well some how it ended up being 498 dollars more than I owed ?/ no idea how that happen as it very clear what your current balance and pay off is as you can look it . Well anyways i asked for a refund as it was clearly an error on their end. NOPE no refunds and I have a credit well i just went and used the credit and closed the card down .

Really bent out of shape over how its currently being handled .

Comment

Well I'm different than all of y'all. Had ny cabelas visa for years. Only had a $900 limit. I never tried to increase it because i only used it to get points when i shopped at cabelas and occasionally out of town trips.

My card just expired, and they didn't send a new one. Called and was told they decided not to keep my account, i could pay off the $100ish balance i currently had, and reapply. They also wiped my club points!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
            They sent out a LOT of notices telling you about all the changes and what you needed to do. Don't blame them when you didn't do your homework.
            LOL, they did not send me crap, the entire thing was a fiasco, never in my life have i seen something so screwed up, it was like, " whos on first ? " I don't know " second base, blah blah blah, it was handled terribly as far as I am concerned.

Comment

We write a couple hundred checks a week, I am very old school, I cannot even post a pic on TBH

Comment

They lost me when that redhead garbage was put on Cabelas shelves.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I moved on to an Amazon card a few months ago. Cabelas points ain't what they used to be. Their prices are higher for the same goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I moved on to an Amazon card a few months ago. Cabelas points ain't what they used to be. Their prices are higher for the same goods.
                    My Cabelas' card is my primary CC but I pretty much stopped shopping at Cabelas' for that reason.

It's about time I get a new card. Points are worthless when it takes $75-100 worth of points to get to competitors pricing

Comment

I still use checks and pay my Cabelas bill off in full every month. I'm glad I cashed my points in a while back on a new safe in case I lose any points.

Comment

Update...

Like I said, they called me Sunday evening wanting payment and I told them I mailed a check weeks ago. They said it went to Cabelas and got shredded. They assured me there was no possible way that check would be cashed. So I paid online Monday morning. I got a call from the bank this morning saying the original payment has hit the bank and I don't have the funds to cover it. It was for thousands of dollars and I had already paid it Monday. So I just went to the bank and stopped payment on the original check which cost me $30. I'm about to call Capital One and see if I can get my $30 back. I honestly doubt it. What a bunch of idiots. If anyone has a good rewards card I can switch to let me know.

Comment

As if anyone needed another reason to not shop at Cabelas.

Comment

People still mail checks?

Comment

Yep, they charged me a late fee due to the switch over. They did remove it when I called but **** it was shady to sneak that in there!

Comment

I am disenchanted with them myself. Actually I am done with them.

I have put all of my monthly expenses on my Cabelas card for years, then pay it off at the end of the month to gain points.

Well I was on a 10 day trip out through 5 different states a few weeks back and my card wouldn't work on about the 4-5th day. I had just paid it off before the trip so I knew I had plenty money nor had I spent the entire balance.

Well when they switched over to Capital one they cut my credit limit from $5000 to $500 with no notice. I called them. They had no explanation other than something must have glitched in the cross over. They weren't authorized at the time to give my previous limit back during this transition period.

Sure made it a rough when I was relying on that card for my entire trip. I had made all my plans and reservations on that card and the limit changed from one day to the next.

Cashed in all my points on a new fly rod at a Cabelas the next day and as far as I am concerned they can kiss my ***. Ill take my money somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X