Anybody feed peanuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody feed peanuts?

I have a free source for harvested peanuts that have spilled from harvest. I have a few questions, can you store them in a vented barrel? These are still in the shell, I know the deer and hogs love them, just curious what others have experienced. The farm is close so it will be very familiar to them. I want to put them in a barrel that has a wedge in the bottoms for free feed, but wonder if I should only hand feed when hunting.

that's quite inconsiderate of you. did you think at all about the deer with peanut allergies?

Comment

:d:d:d

Comment

how green / wet? would be concerned about mold / mildew in a barrel?
        don't know, just asking.

Comment

No idea about storing them. But when I was a kid my great uncle owned a peanut farm. We used to love counting the deer on the peanut fields. My dad and uncles filled all of their tags each year hunting those fields. Good luck!

Comment

I had a lady freak out on me this weekend at a college football game. I was eating boiled peanuts and gently dropping the shells below my bleacher seat. She let me know real quick that her toddler had a peanut allergy, I was being inconsiderate. Lots of open seats so I just moved.

Comment

Deer love them my neighbor pen raised deer will come running when the peanuts are being thrown Just got to-watch out for elephants droppings

Comment

Originally posted by Thainixs View Post
                I had a lady freak out on me this weekend at a college football game. I was eating boiled peanuts and gently dropping the shells below my bleacher seat. She let me know real quick that her toddler had a peanut allergy, I was being inconsiderate. Lots of open seats so I just moved.
                feel like it's only a matter of time before we won't be able to get peanuts at a baseball game. which in my opinion is just wrong.

Comment

That is crazy. So if you were making a PB&J in your seat that would have been met with opposition as well

Comment

I would have suggested to her to keep your toddler from my peanut shells then.

Comment

What kind of nitwits takes a kid with a peanut allergy to a place where folks are well known to throw the shells on the ground after eating peanuts!??

Comment

From what I gather they will be somewhat dry, but idk if they will mold or not in a vented barrel. Yeah I’ve been told the deer loooove them. I can’t say anything nice about the allergy conflict, we just stopped serving them on the airplanes I work on, and they had blamed it all on allergies, but I think it had a lot more to do with MONEY.

Comment

Got a hold of 500lbs of peanuts. Put them in my feeder pen in a big pile and the deer destroyed them in less than a week

Comment

Not trying to derail the thread but has anyone trying them as a food plot?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              Not trying to derail the thread but has anyone trying them as a food plot?

I think they take alot of water to grow aint it?

If I remember right, theres a certain protein that gets hated on here alot, but it has a lot of peanuts in it and folks say the feed rate goes way up when theyve switched to this protein. So I would say it will work, just have to find a good way to store them as you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X