Tacoma owners.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
    I have a '15 TRD and my only 'real' gripes are slightly uncomfortable seats, particularly for long trips and the gas mileage isn't any better than a larger V-8 truck.

Exactly this. That’s why I upgraded and have a tundra. A plus would it that it’s easier to park and squeeze through tight spaces with the taco.

—————signature—————
    ~Don’t overthink something simple~
    ...:uptight people suck:...

Comment

I love that color

Comment

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
          Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have given more info. This will be my runaround truck, work, lease, most of my driving. I will have it for 6 years, then give it to my son(that’s why I’m getting a small truck). The roads at the lease are pretty narrow and some pretty rocky so it’ll be good to use this one instead of the goat, and it’s quiet. Like I said, I have a Cummins for any heavy duty stuff, and the wife has a Tahoe for haulin the fam.....this thing just makes sense.

I think you will really like it for your intended purposes. I have a '18 offroad that I drive back and forth to Oklahoma. So far I have enjoyed the Taco. Its nimble and has decent power. I think mine holds gears better now with 8000 miles on it than it did new. Never pulled much with it besides a 10' trailer, it did about like I expected it would. For heavy loads I still have my diesel.

Comment

Nice!!

My 2006 has 53K on the clock and Ive had it two years. I initially bought it to pass to my son but not sure I want to do it. I came from 18 years of 3/4 ton 4x4 diesels and dont miss them much. I like being able to fill feeders, check cams and run down the beach with ease.

Ive had 265s on mine for about 2 years and never had clearance issues on factory wheels. About 2 months ago I put bilstein 5100s all the way around. Rides like buttah

Comment

Last Christmas I purchased a 15 Texas Edition with 46k on it. Moving from an 03 Dodge single cab 4x4 dually to the Taco has been quite the experience. I love it. I may need to put some Bilsteins under it because right now it beats me to death. I actually want to put a couple of inches under it and run a little bit bigger tire. It currently has 265's on it. You guys with lifts, what are you running?

Comment

'07 Tacoma with 7" lift on mine. Love it. Gonna drive it into the ground and then rebuild and pass onto my son. Gets lots of attention on the road.

Comment

Anybody done HP upgrade for larger tires?

Comment

Originally posted by altez View Post
                    Cement! Looks good.
                    That looks like grey primer with clear coat on top!

Comment

Got her home.

Comment

The 3rd gen Tacoma’s are extremely problematic. Tons and tons of complaints on the Tacoma forum. Too late now but a low mileage 2015 would’ve been a better choice.

Comment

They might be o.k. if they had the 4.0 engine. My wife has a new one. Very cool looking with the black out logos and hood scoop but I've owned skateboards with more power. She likes it so I just keep my mouth shut. Forget towing with one.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            They might be o.k. if they had the 4.0 engine. My wife has a new one. Very cool looking with the black out logos and hood scoop but I've owned skateboards with more power. She likes it so I just keep my mouth shut. Forget towing with one.

See post #16

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                              The 3rd gen Tacoma’s are extremely problematic. Tons and tons of complaints on the Tacoma forum. Too late now but a low mileage 2015 would’ve been a better choice.

The Tacoma forums have had all the same complaints for every generation of Tacoma...
                              I’ve had my 2017 SR5 for just over 2 years. It was one of the first 2017’s on the lot.
                              I have had a total of 1 issue with the truck, and toyota fixed it right off the bat.

I wouldn’t hesitate to make the same purchase again, and the only thing that will get me out of this Tacoma... is a diesel Tacoma.

Comment

IMO the same folks lookin to pull loads with a tacoma with ease are the same ones looking to get 30 mpg out of a 1 ton 4x4.

Comment

Working...
                                X