No announcement yet.

My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atfulldraw is correct. All financing contracts/loans these days are calculated using simple interest versus the “old days” when add-on interest was used. Any extra payments would (should) be applied first to accrued interest, then to principle, so...most of any extra payments would be applied to principle.

All of that is irrelevant if the lender did not order the repo. It would be a clear case of the report agent misidentifying Wampuscat’s bike for the target bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      The payment issue is irrelevant if the lender did not order the repo. They are out of the picture, and the repo agent misidentified his bike while trying to repo some else’s. The lender is not at fault according to the OP.

Any pictures of the damage?
      Yes sir. I understand. My post wa smore of a side bar about the fact that one can, in fact be "ahead" on payments. I guess it just depends on the terms of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
        That bike (depending on options) is probably worth somewhere in the $17-19k range.

OP, I don't even know what to say. I'd be SUPER pizzed!!! I would think finance company needs to poney up for the repairs and of course loss of value for the bike having been damaged.
        Not to mention the payment for putting you through this. Heck, not even our bike and everyone on here is pizzed. The emotional roller coaster you're going through probably doesn't even come close.

Sorry, but you can't make a mistake like this and not make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          So what would have happened if you shot the thief since you knew it was paid for?

Somebody needs to make things right

Unfortunately they will probably all point fingers at each other and it will take work and time to get paid
          A friend of mine shot a guy who was repoing his truck. Shot him in the shoulder as he was driving away. Turns out he had no papers with him. Friend talked to the cops at the station, they kept his pistol. Several months later a grand jury no billed him, several months after that he got his .357 back. My friend, who I grew up with, had done some repo work, says he always had papers, and requested leo be there when he picked up vehicle. didn't want to be shot stealing some ones vehicle.

I was laying in bed on a nice spring night when I heard the shots, he lives 2 streets up from me, maybe 200 yds. also heard the tow truck leaving at high speed with the truck hooked up, and my buddy's other car chasing him. Tow driver stopped at a parked cop car, and so did my friend. Ambulance picked up the shot guy, cops took my friends pistol, and he followed them to the police station, interviewed and came home.

To the OP, hope you get this straightened out, and the guilty party makes this right.

Comment

Who makes payment on a bike from 1997?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              Who makes payment on a bike from 1997?

That’s not a 97 road glide FYI [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

He said the bike they were looking for was a 1997. Read the thread before you post

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  He said the bike they were looking for was a 1997. Read the thread before you post

Just letting you know what that bike was. Carry on big guy

Comment

I'm following, I hear small claims court is a joke and not worth filing. Its just as bad a the BBB. Where is the best consumer protection?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
                      Just letting you know what that bike was. Carry on big guy
                      I think you mean "yes sir".

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                        I'm following, I hear small claims court is a joke and not worth filing. Its just as bad a the BBB. Where is the best consumer protection?
                        BTW they aren't BBB members either.

Comment

Sell it and buy a truck or classic car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

bbb is just another comany they dont do anything

Comment

Today the Alvin PD stepped back from helping out again. They keep saying they can’t put the license plate or VIN on the report without blacking it out. I asked if the could at least tell me yes or no if the numbers matched mine. They said NOPE. I’d love to know how not letting me know if the identification numbers used to verify my bike, protects anyone’s identity? This is where LEOs get a bad name. I support APD but I’m still feeling way under served. And surely not protected.

When Countrywide called and said they had a repo and gave the address, APD said,”sure go ahead”. When I called and gave the address, APD said, “that’s school district property and you need to contact them for any help”. APD never told that to the repo company and they never contacted AISD PD either. So AISD PD isn’t any help.

Comment

I hear stories like yours on the news every once in a while and once aired it seems as though everyone involved has a better memory and a new passion to do what is right.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X