Boerne Boar Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boerne Boar Down

Had another great weekend in Boerne. It was a very hot weekend working at the new ranch. But I managed to squeeze a late evening hunt in. I got into the stand late yesterday evening and just missed the evening throw. I got all set up and enjoyed the view from my stand. Several whitetail came in and got to see how the horn growth is progressing and got really excited to what this years season could bring. Wind was really picking up and swirling so my hopes for a hog started to dwindled but I stuck it out. Just at nightfall I had a group of 10-15 hogs come in and I knew it was game on. They ate for around 5 min while I tried to pick one out under the feeder light. Just when I picked one out they got real nervous and just took off. I thought for sure they caught my scent due to the wind but that was not the case. As soon as they took of I could see a nice hog park himself under the feeder light and then the rest of the hogs came back but stayed on the outside edge cause this boar hog would not let them come close. He was a real bully pushing anything that came close to him. I kept waiting for a broadside shot but he would not stay still long enough. I went ahead and drew back and turned on my Elusive Wildlife xlr100 bow light on and settled it on him and he turned broadside so I let the arrow fly. I heard a solid hit and squeal as he left the feeder. Then I could hear him gurgling and flopping around in the pitch dark. I waited 20 min and climbed down from the tree and decided to go to camp and grab something to eat and get my buddy to help me recover. We went back up after eating and we started our track. The rage 3 blade did its job! Clean pass through and the track went about 40 yards and we found him. When I walked up on him I noticed he had some nice cutters!!!! We loaded him up and took some pictures this morning with him.
    Here he is:

Good kill!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That's a big dude

Comment

Dang nice cutters!

Comment

Sweet! Good job KAP

Comment

Nice hog Alex.

Comment

Very nice, that's a beast.

Comment

Love the color and has great cutters you might consider putting him on the wall congrats on a nice trophy

Comment

Nice teefies !

Comment

The next hog I have mounted will have to be two toned like that. Nice hog!

Comment

Congrats on the bow kill.

Comment

Nice pig

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X