slick trick groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slick trick groups

Shot the Slick Trick for the first time last night and they were hitting very low compared to field points; 12"-14" lower at 20 yards. Do you think its worth moving the nock point or just abandon the thought of using them. If it were just a few inches I would start moving the nock point right away, but 12" off seems like quite a bit to me.

Have you ever tuned your bow with broadheads?

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
      Have you ever tuned your bow with broadheads?
      I have been shooting Mechanical for so long I havent had to do so. The bow shoots bullets with field points, but I have never tuned it with a fixed. left to right is exact with broadhead. 12"-14" just seems like alot to move the nock point.

Comment

i have never tuned my bow for broadheads or done anything different. all my slick tricks always shoot in the same group as the field points...

Comment

even with mech. heads you should still tune your bow.

Comment

My slick tricks shoot in the same holes as the field tips, thats what sold me on them, if your windage is good but you are low , makes me think that the weights are different

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
              My slick tricks shoot in the same holes as the field tips, thats what sold me on them, if your windage is good but you are low , makes me think that the weights are different
              No 100 grains both tips and slicks.

Comment

even with mech. heads you should still tune your bow.
                Enlighten me why if mechanicals and FP's are hitting in the same exact place you would tune?

Comment

Raise your rest(or lower your nock) in small adjustments till your BH and field points hit the same place. You are likely out of tune, but it doesn't really show up till you shoot a BH.

Comment

I've had Slick Tricks fly good even out of a poorly tuned bow.

You're bow must be WAY out of whack!

I'd be inclined to stay with what you know ... this close to a hunt anyway.

Comment

Mark your rest where it is at now. That way it will be easy to return to your current settings if need be.

Comment

I also shoot Slick Trick but, why would you take the chance with any head and just asume your bow is tuned? Be it mech., field tips, etc.?

Thats the one thing I dont like about mech. heads........ makes to many folks think that there is no need to tune your equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWERIK View Post
                          Enlighten me why if mechanicals and FP's are hitting in the same exact place you would tune?

tuning your bow provides good arrow flight.

You could have porpoising arrows that hit the same hole (mechs and field tips)

poor arrow flight usually means poor penetration

Comment

I also shoot Slick Trick but, why would you take the chance with any head and just asume your bow is tuned? Be it mech., field tips, etc.?

Thats the one thing I dont like about mech. heads........ makes to many folks think that there is no need to tune your equipment.
                            I put in the original post that I had tuned it and it had been shooting bullet holes; with it paper tuned. I will go back and check clearances again thanks for your help.

Comment

Paper tuning is a great starting place, but is sometimes a looooong ways from tuned. If arrows are spined properly adj nock point .

I tuned my new bow late yesterday and at 40yrds field points, slick trick mags, and Wac em' 1 1/4" fixxed blades all hit the same spot (I have the ruined arrows and cut vanes to prove it).

Comment

Working...
                              X