No announcement yet.

Could have been bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is one of the reasons I always replace my strings annually or at minimum every 2 years. It's not always about what they "look like". I have seen a few break, I have seen some break in WEIRD places like 1/4 way down with no silencer or anything up there. I have also dry fired a bow and the string broke, but that's what I would want it to do.

Comment

Never broke a string. Hope to never have it happen. But I guess with that said I need to order a new string.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
        Definitely. I shoot a lot all year, at least 50 arrows on days when I'm busy, but if I have time it's normally 100 plus. With that said I've only been shooting this bow since August so I was a little surprised I wore the string out that fast. Serving never lasts me more than a few months though.
        If your serving is only lasting a few months, you definitely have something going on. Check and make sure that your arrow nocks are shot up with sharp edges. Another good reason to shoot one arrow at a time.

And of coarse check out Rick's post. He knows a little about strings.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          If your serving is only lasting a few months, you definitely have something going on. Check and make sure that your arrow nocks are shot up with sharp edges. Another good reason to shoot one arrow at a time.

And of coarse check out Rick's post. He knows a little about strings.
          Yeah, I was wondering the same. I never replaced the string on my sage and I shot it for 1 1/2 years. I have had the same string on my widow since I bought it last year. Thanks to this thread I am now a little paranoid... but I don't have any sign of losing a strand, etc (would expect there to be some serving coming lose and/or loss of brace height.)

Comment

Probably my nocks. I shoot groups pretty often so they get dinged up a little. Not that much lol because they usually aren't that tight but I get lucky every now and then. The strings that came with the bow I'm shooting now the nocks fit pretty tight too. On my other bows I have strings that Daniel made and they're served for GT's and I haven't had any problems out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And the one I ordered to replace this broken one was from Daniel too and it'll be served for Gold Tips. Once it gets here that's the string I'll used and the one I just put on will come back off and be a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X